Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advertising for Players (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   ChaosMud! (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6140)

Araxis 07-16-2010 07:25 PM

ChaosMud!

Hello everyone, I just wanted to talk about this mud for a moment...

ChaosMud is Merc based but of course, highly modified. Something I love about this mud is how easy it is to get started. For someone who has played muds before, this one is super easy to jump in to, yet offers lots of content, new quests, and many interesting and intruiging areas to explore.

We have random drops from mobs so no two warriors, rogues, etc.. will have the same "perfect" build. We have re invigorated this mud, which has been around since the mid 90's, went down for a few years, and has no been running for 11 months. We have a fresh, motivated staff, we are constantly looking to improve and we are always on the lookout for people to help out, build, give ideas.

Feel free to come give this mud a glance, I don't think you'll regret it. We offer 6 base classes (rogue, monk, cleric, mage, psi) and at level 100 you can chose from 3 different specs for each class. We have 15 races, so there will surely be a combination you can enjoy! Finally, there are 500 levels to advance through, then 500 more "legend" levels.

So, thanks for taking the time to give this a read... Our website is:

You can try us out right from the site if you wish, we have a java client built in. Otherwise, connect at chaosmud.com:1111

StealthStalker 07-16-2010 08:13 PM

Re: ChaosMud!

I mean no offense, but the "500 levels" (and then 500 more?! for 1000!?) to progress through doesn't sound like a feature as much as it does an unintentional grind, regardless of how fast you progress. Even 100 levels is almost a bit too much for me, but maybe I'm just used to smaller "levels" and alternative ways to progress.

Might I ask why high "level" numbers seems to be a big draw lately? I like content and progression, but... that just seems a little excessive.

I'm mainly just curious, as I'm avidly looking for a new MUD to call home and am unsatisfied with everything I've seen lately... the absurdly high number of "levels" seems to be a major thing (aardwolf goes high as well? I never played long enough to know just how high).

Is this just pet peeve, or do I have a legitimate concern? Sorry to kind of derail your advertisement, I'm just genuinely curious! Maybe you can explain it a bit better and it'll help gather some interest.

Araxis 07-17-2010 03:14 AM

Re: ChaosMud!

Heya StealthStalker...

Well, the first thing that popped in my mind was, maybe you should go to the site () and play through the java client, you would probably get the best idea by experiencing it first hand!

Im not sure how to best answer the "crap ton of levels" question :-p It's not just a bunch of emptiness, and the 500 legend levels are a new addition. The first 500 levels are pretty relevant, you gain a lot of skills 1-100, then after you spec you get a skill every 10 levels.

Part of what's going on here is a good mud lost its hosting a few years ago. About 11 months ago, I picked it up and got some really GREAT implementors on board. Since then they've been hard at work adding tons of new stuff. In other words, this is a fully functional, established mud under construction constantly :-p

Im dead tired, its midnight. Trying to listen to a conference call while I type this, so if I missed something let me know... Ill try to answer it better!