Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Riendf (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5698)

Riendf 09-16-2009 07:20 AM

Riendf

Hello, first to get rid of any remarks about how poor my english is, I am french. Period. For the mud thing, I play on muds since 1997-1998, stopped in 2001 after being upset one too many time with imm behaviours (cheating) and lack of fixing of well known bugs. It happens the mud reopened like one year and a half ago with the very same code I played on. (Another version of it had spawned based on ADD3 and died in between). I finally ended up to be in charge of the code itself, as I am also a professional IT coder. (It is a ROM based mud (not much left of it though ;p)). At the moment I have a little problem though. Mud has been indexed by various people in time who lost interest in it, and except on mudconnector where I could claim it, all the other address are wrong, including here. So I am trying to claim it here ;p If someone could help with that, I found no faq in how to correct stuff here. I wish to re-open (we are open for more than a year now, but we did not advertise it) now that I fixed all the bugs and added new fun stuff, but I would prefer to do it everywhere I can at once, as our mud heavily depends for fun on player interactions (bashing mobs and exploring is fun for a time but really, a world will always end limited, then what) Every new player we got till yet ended up quitting for lack of enough people, kind of an egg and hen problem. if any admin could do it as well:mud arcane nites is now at the adress arcanenites.com 7000, and the mud homepage on arcanenites.com Thank !

Newworlds 09-16-2009 12:56 PM

Re: Riendf

Bonjour Riendf!

Hope you enjoy TMS like the rest of us.

I think if you are looking for help you should post a request in this thread area:

Good luck!

Jazuela 09-17-2009 09:07 AM

No, he's looking for instructions on how to update his mudlisting on TMS, now that he's taken it over, gutted it, and rebuilt it.

You should send a note to and let Lasher know what's going on. He will want to verify that you really are the admin of your mud. Lasher's a pretty reasonable fellow.

Once you get your mud listing updated (or even before that) you can post in the "advertising for players" section of the forum to let folks know something about the mud, provide a link to the website, and how to connect to the game. Good luck!

nikolausv 09-17-2009 09:56 AM

arcanenites.com = Isn't resolving for me.... (DNS propagation in progress?)
Anyway it's on IP: 38.99.85.127 in case anybody else is having the same issue.

Newworlds 09-17-2009 02:58 PM

Worked fine for me. It might have just been a glitch.

Riendf 09-17-2009 04:01 PM

Thanks for the info Jazuela, will try to do that. For the not resolving issue, no idea, never had a problem with that nor has been talked into it. And heh I did not have GUTTED it (gulp) I just fixed the dam bugs (ok....I gutted it....) ;p The game is still the old Arcane Nites (or Nitemare for the old farts) just like it should have been back then ;p I think most of the bugs were also due to the lack of good tools we have now for code. A simple Eclipse CDT + valgrind does a wonder to debug a mud (one coded in C)