Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Roleplaying and Storytelling (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   good RP MUD (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752)

nienne 11-16-2009 04:40 PM

Re: good RP MUD

I could recommend Shadowgate; they're a RPI MUD and have PK immunity until L20 (half of the level cap). So depends how much of a power force you want to be without throwing around your weight to prove it I guess. Also depends what kind of RP setting you want - this one's DnD Faerun based so if you're looking for something other than fantasy/dnd setting, maybe not. Might be worth a try?

If you want a look it's at for the website, or firedragon.com:6969 to just connect directly :)

Jazuela 11-16-2009 06:48 PM

Erm...
1) You just posted on a thread that was started in 2006, and hasn't been posted in since August 2007. I'm guessing the original poster has either found a game to play by now, or has found new interests.

2) RPIs don't have levels, or PK-immunity.

Newworlds 11-17-2009 12:50 AM

Apparently some do.

prof1515 11-17-2009 12:31 PM

We've already been over this and you were proven wrong. Don't be a troll.

In regard to old "looking for" threads such as this, would the moderators consider locking these things after maybe 3-4 months? Chances are that if the poster hasn't found what they're looking for and there's been no activity in a thread for that long (or longer as in the case of this one), it's unlikely that they'll check it again.

Newworlds 11-17-2009 01:50 PM

Okay Al Gore. I'm sure you invented the Internet too didn't you? ROFL.

Speaking of troll extroardinaire, how about the moderators lock out Prof1515 everytime he uses the term RPI on non related posts. Now that would be beneficial to everyone's sanity and enjoyment!

KaVir 11-17-2009 02:28 PM

Honestly Newworlds, I think you're worse than he is. You don't like the term RPI - we get it. I don't like the term "MU*", either, and Richard Bartle favoured "MUA" over "MUD". But such is life. If you hate the term that much, spend a few years diluting it into worthlessness.

Newworlds 11-17-2009 10:10 PM

It's not that I don't like the term. It's that I don't like the "mine mine mine mine mine" Nemo's seagull attitude towards it.

Nevertheless, your point is taken.

Wade_Gustafson 01-17-2010 04:22 AM

At Maiden Desmodus () new players begin as "duellists" by default, meaning that PVP combat begins only if a challenge is accepted by the challenged. As your character progresses, they have the option of designating themselves a "hero", which allows for open PVP/PK of other "hero" characters as well as the ability to engage in mass warfare and command troops. You can choose to remain a "duellist" forever if you'd like and never worry about being the victim of senseless PK.

Our game is designed to be a great stage for RP, and we welcome RP-minded players, as well as those who enjoy PVP/PK.

DonathinFrye 01-17-2010 03:11 PM

I think that Maiden Desmodus is the best suggestion on this old thread that I've read for people who want good roleplay, but want to avoid PK. I'd suggest my own MUD, AtonementRPI ( ), because I just adore the roleplayers, plots and community there ... but I would be lying to say that there is no player-killing on the game. It strives to be realistic, as all RPIs at least attempt to do on some level, and it strives perhaps harder than the others. That said, I do think that player-killing and permanent death, amongst numerous other design features, allow for a more immersive world.