Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advertising for Players (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Wow this MUD is AMAZING!!!! (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5505)

Rylan 04-29-2009 02:50 AM

Wow this MUD is AMAZING!!!!

Take a look at this MUDs features....

++ WEEKLY EVENTS: Quad Exp (Saturdays at 10pm EST)
++ Realistic game-world side map
++ Complex tier system, which allows players to gain a total of 36 classes when they have completed all levels of the game. Skills and spells are kept upon each remort.
++ Fairly quick and painless leveling
++ 207 possible mortal levels, 200 being hero, 201 being superhero, and 202-207 master levels
++ Special skills and spells that one can only gain if they choose a certain class as their very first class.
++ Races that evolve
++ Faux levels: After one has reached max level, it is still possible to continue building one's character. Trains and practices are gained through this, and also the ability to change one's race - unlimitd playability!!
++ 3 types of player-killing: NPK, RPK, OPK.
++ Well-written areas and most full of scripts to challenge one with quests or to simply entertain.
++ 4 continents (which are based on alignment)
++ Player accounts which hold all characters
++ Tents/Sleeping bags for healing
++ Freeze tag which awards the winning team quest points!
++ Campaigns
++ Materia (allows a non-spell casters to acquire spells, but is extremely costly)
++ Mining and forging
++ Multi-user arena
++ Adoption and family creation
++ Free-for-all war tournaments or level-based tournaments
++ Hidden items and secret doors
++ Crafting
++ Making bags out of corpses
++ Player homes
++ Delivery services (for food and other items!)
++ Tattoos which can be acquired through winning events
and questing (they add extra stats to your character, and
look pretty neat too!)
++ Hot potato (player AND Imm run)
++ An automated scrabble game system
++ Roleplaying options - roleplaying points, which when earned, one will gain more exp per level than normal.

AND its roleplay rewarded. Who wouldn't want to play here? Give this MUD some players!

Caerlon

caerlon.genesismuds.com port 1234

Burrytar 05-01-2009 12:38 PM

Re: Wow this MUD is AMAZING!!!!

Gee willickers!

Rylan 05-07-2009 01:10 AM

You guys are truly missing out. I've been so addicted to this MUD its not even funny. It will keep you busy for hours! I've been working on getting quest eq, like a weapn that levels with you. I really want one of those!! And there are also pets that level with you. That's pretty nifty too. Umm.. there's also eq you can get from playing scrabble, but I havent done much of that yet. I'm sure I will eventually though. Its a lot of fun :)

Hyena 05-08-2009 04:19 AM

Nah, too peaceful. If it is so addictive then why count only 1 when I logged in? :P
++ 3 types of player-killing: NPK, RPK, OPK. <-- what does that even mean? No player kill; role play kill; object orientated player killl? :D

WarHound 05-08-2009 07:15 AM

Optional PK?

Zivilyn 05-08-2009 11:13 AM

I'm guessing... no pk, role-play pk, open pk.

Jazuela 05-08-2009 07:23 PM

That would make zero sense. If it's "open" PK, then the people who choose that option, would be allowed to PK anyone. Which would probably **** off the no PK people and the RP PK people. If the RPK means roleplay PK, then they would be allowed to PK anyone as long as there's RP involved, or a RP'ed IC reason..which would **** off the no-PK people. If the NPK is no-PK, then they would not be allowed to kill anyone, even if they had a very good reason to do so (such as, defending themselves from someone who is PKing them because the other person has picked open-pk).

I mean unless these people are isolated in their own zones, and -cannot- switch between zones, I'm feeling there's something lost in the translation. Assuming that's what all these acronyms mean.

KaVir 05-08-2009 07:51 PM

Their mud entry states "3 different types of PK (Non, Open and Restricted)", which sounds like optional PK to me (i.e., restricted PK). Having said that, they've actually selected the "Unrestricted Playerkilling" option for their listing...

Rylan 05-08-2009 09:27 PM

Well....

I don't really know about that because there's no one around usually for PK or anything else. But that's what it says up there... that you can choose which PK you want.... Beats me lol

Voidrider 05-10-2009 09:27 AM

Well, as long as we are creating labels for all of these various things...my mud has DPK!! (dinosaur pkilling)