Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   TMS Announcements and Feedback (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   RSS feeds? (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4317)

Boris 04-23-2007 10:58 PM

Hello folks!

I'd love to be able to subscribe to forum RSS or site/reviews RSS. This is one of the few sites left I visit regularly - and I find myself visiting not as often as I'd like.

Everything else I can catch up quickly on my RSS reader.

Any chance?

tia,

Boris

Rathik 04-25-2007 08:44 PM

I just wanted to second this idea. I don't visit this site so often anymore, but if there was an available RSS feed, I could easily find topics of interest to me.

TMSOne 05-06-2007 08:41 PM

I believe an RSS feed is available in vBulletin, which we are in the process of upgrading to. This forum software pre-dates RSS, so I doubt there's one available for this.

tricky 08-19-2007 09:40 PM

Re: RSS feeds?

The RSS feed for these forums () seems to only update on new posts. Is there another URL that updates on all replies?

Tricky

Brody 08-20-2007 11:18 AM

We keep several MU*-related feeds, including Top MUD Sites, in the MU*Wiki at

Warning: Wikia can be kind of slow sometimes, but it's still useful.

Lasher 08-20-2007 03:45 PM

Took a little digging around in external.php to find this. To get last posts in a thread use:

tricky 08-21-2007 02:56 PM

Thanks. I'll plug that into my LPC RSS daemon and see if it can track it. :)

Tricky

Boris 08-22-2007 09:37 AM

Excellent!!!

Thank you very much for doing this - I have added this RSS feed to my google RSS reader, and now it's very easy to follow threads.

Now, asking for even more, how about RSS'ing the reviews?

Warmly,

Boris

tricky 08-22-2007 03:01 PM

So far, so good. :D

I am transmitting the data (subject and link) to the on the hosted by Cratylus.

The tracker isn't perfect, I might have to recode it to check for differences in description data. I haven't do so so far because some feeds don't transmit that.

Should bring some new users to these forums though.

Tricky

tricky 08-27-2007 03:59 PM

Cheeky question, any chance the RSS feed can include last post numbers? Currently the link will send the user to the thread but not the last post given in the feed.

Tricky

Lasher 08-28-2007 08:07 PM

Are you using code of your own to roll these into IMC? If you are, you can append '-last-post' to the URL.

For example, the URL for this thread is (cut to fit)

.....tms-announcements-feedback/4317-rss-feeds.html

If you use:

...tms-announcements-feedback/4317-rss-feeds-last-post.html

It will take you automatically to the last post in the thread.

Let me know if this does what you need. If not I'll see if I can put something in the RSS feed for it, but that might take a while longer.

While I think about it, might not be a bad idea to have a little 'arrow' URL on the front page for this too, so people can visit either the thread or go straight to the last post in the thread.

tricky 08-28-2007 08:37 PM

Actually it is or I3

Hmm... Would require me to re-design the daemon for 'special circumstances'. I'll have to think about how to do that.

Tricky