Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   hope its nicer here (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4353)

ladygrace_of_elysium 06-13-2007 09:43 AM

Hiya all

Ive just come from one of the other forums. All I said was are there many muds where people can have kids about & I got hung drawn & quartered for being a lousy mother lousy roleplayer & playing a mud that sucks(which it doesnt) Anyway hope there are some decent people on here.
What do you all think of when people start virtually strangling each other for not roleplaying properly. Im grateful to all the mud writers & wouldnt take to beating any of them with a stick as they put a lot of work in.

Ive encountered some very negative people on muds who are horrible to anyone who doesnt & roleplay in a very exact way that pleases them. This woman told me my motherhood in my mud is rubbish because there is no coding accounting for the placenta & nipple pads. OMG Im freaking out lol

Anyway maybe people become like this because they spend years & years on muds & become accustomed to violence fighting & think that this is normal. Im still new to muds only found them in November last year.

ooc im 32 & I like chilled out people.
ic IM 22 married gonna be a mother & grandmother....erm its just like the sims its no big deal. Ive learnt magic & work as a minister helping to run a city where Cyclops live.

Anyway nice to meet you all (fingers crossed) & hope I can join in some of the discussions.

Luvan 06-14-2007 12:08 AM

Greetings.

Mabus 06-14-2007 08:23 AM

Pleasure to meet you.

Don't let folks get you down. Everyone, and every MUD, has their own view on what role-play means. Be your character when you play and you are better then the majority of elitists out there.

I look forward to reading your posts.

scandum 06-14-2007 04:32 PM

Does that mean you got the 'making' part right?

snoozer 06-15-2007 04:55 AM

If you get three roleplayers in a room together, you'll get four opinions about what constitutes good roleplay.

Just throw the words "twink" and "newb" around a lot, and you'll sound like you know what you're talking about and maybe they'll leave you alone.

Brody 06-15-2007 08:26 AM

Eh. Y'know, I won't generalize people who love combat if you'll agree not to generalize people who love to roleplay. I agree that you're going to get a difference of opinions - especially on topics like sex and violence - but that's true in pretty much any community.

In any event: Yep, welcome to the TMS forums. TMS. I think that stands for Too Much Soda.

Mabus 06-15-2007 11:38 AM

It does seem to be defined by the mini-culture of each game. Some games base a lot around poses and emotes, others more on speech and still others on knowing the whole written history of the world. Some try to wrap it all together.

I say read the guidelines and documents provided, especially for the culture/race that you are playing and then just be the character. If you mix that with watching and picking up on how others go about it you can learn the game-specifics on acceptable role-play.

The biggest part that some people miss, in my opinion, is involving others. Learning to leave proper pauses so that other players can act/react/speak can always be a bit tough.

No role-player worth their salt (none that I have known at least) would mention "twink" or "newb" in any in-character setting. Those are both (in most games) OOC terms.