Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The MUD Companion Magazine (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357)

Thoric 05-16-2002 05:35 PM

Thoric 05-17-2002 12:47 PM

Btw... for those picking "I can't afford it"... a one-year subscription is only $10 (U.S. funds)...

Xanferious 05-17-2002 11:35 PM

is there a free issue or an realy old issue to use an an example, maybe then ill get intrseted in it

Ike 05-18-2002 12:08 AM

if i wanted to set up a small distro here in town could i buy them in wholesale bulk?

Thoric 05-21-2002 03:12 PM

I don't know what you mean by a free or really old issue, but information on the current/past issues are on the website.

Issues can also be aquired in bulk for distribution purposes.

Wenlin 05-21-2002 07:20 PM

I think he means one that he can look at to get the drift of the layout and what its really about or whatnot, and its either old or free, or free because its old, or...

Cougar Khan 05-21-2002 10:00 PM

Free or old issue? It is only $10.00!

I am pleased with what I have received in the three issues. I've read each of them with a Starbuck's Coffee - the coffee cost more then the yearly subscription.

If you end up not liking it - the paper can be used to make paper darts:

-c...

makila 06-06-2002 07:56 AM

Neranz Laverani 06-06-2002 10:36 AM

Pleos 06-06-2002 11:26 PM

I subscribed to Mud Companion Magazine when it first came out and I am eager to see the next issue.

I think it's an excellent idea to put together a "paper" magazine - for all the online resources available, as the saying goes, you can't take those into the bathroom. Ok, so you probably can, but it's cool getting an actual magazine, pouring through it, taking it with you.

I often read the magazines a few times over. I was pleased in the last one to see some articles on different ideas people could incorporate into their MUDs from an RP perspective. I always thought that people would enjoy talking about different skills, spells, classes, religions, etc. and taking those ideas and integrating them into their own MUDs. Granted, I know that most people like to be completely original with their ideas, but I know for example the article on the unique race of elves got me thinking about a lot of ideas that I could bring to the MUD I help administer.

I look forward to seeing the magazine grow in size and quality of articles. Maybe someday more issues would be put out per year. I'm happy to pay the price for the magazine...

Pleos, TP Imm

Iluvatar 06-07-2002 03:41 AM

Acquiring The Mud Companion is a worthy endeavor. It has good articles, great art and a seriously dedicated staff. I wholeheartedly support their efforts.

This last issue was too full of coding stuff is my only whine. Shrug, you put in the articles you get and deal with the whines if any. It's all educational anyways if Mudding is your hobby.

Good job Thoric and Neranz and all the others who submit.

Dre 06-18-2002 05:13 PM