Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   TMS, vote? (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567)

Zeno 04-17-2005 10:29 PM

I have my MUD/site listed on TMS, and I was wondering how would I find the link to vote for it? Or how does it even increase in rank? Thanks.

Lanthum 04-18-2005 06:18 AM

I am not sure where you get the TMS icon from (I think there are a few you can choose from) - if you even want to use their icon ... but the link looks like this:

where "xxxxxx" is your TMS login ID. For example, mine reads:

Because lanthum is my TMS id. Remember, this is the TMS id you used to add your mud to the DB. Some people use a different id to post with. I hope this helps.

Zeno 04-25-2005 02:54 PM

Thanks, but how can I be sure that it is correct? I mean, even if I enter any random letters for the TMS id that does not exist, it'll still say it is voting.

imported_Synozeer 04-25-2005 03:14 PM

You can get the coding and a selection of voting banners by clicking on Edit your Site () and then choosing Display Link Syntax from the dropdown.

Adam

Zeno 04-25-2005 10:28 PM

Ah okay thanks. And is there anyway to check the listings rank?

John 04-26-2005 09:31 AM

Lanthum 04-26-2005 10:59 AM

Which brings up another question I guess I should ask elsewhere ... but this quote made me think of it.

Synozeer, is it ever going to be possible again to where we can search for our webpage and see it's current vote count/status? I remember a LONG time ago this being possible - then after a site crash it wasn't due to an old backup or something like that. But I was wondering if you ever found a way to do it again - or if it would ever be possible again.

Thanks.

imported_Synozeer 04-26-2005 12:12 PM

After the crash, the database got corrupted in a strange way, and the search function stop working correctly. I still don't think it'll work, but I can always give it another test behind the scenes.

Also, I *think* that you can go to the same Edit your Site link, choose Display Stats from the dropdown and see what place your site is in on the ranking list.

-Adam

Zeno 04-26-2005 04:26 PM

Oh yes, that displays the stats. Thanks. Although, how exactly does Hits In/Out raise? The vote link that was said in this topic would raise one of them right? How would the other raise if it cannot be found since its not on the top 100?

imported_Synozeer 04-27-2005 01:22 AM

Hits in goes up when someone clicks on the voting graphic you place on your site. That's the stat that is used to rank. Hits out is just informational, and will only go up when someone visits your site from TMS. That means that if you're not in the top 100, that won't go up.

Adam

Zeno 04-27-2005 04:30 PM

Ah okay thanks. One last question, how often does it update? Every hit? Or a certain time interval?

John 04-28-2005 05:17 AM