Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advertising for Players (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Regarding Materia Magica (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6558)

kurik 08-27-2011 02:43 AM

Regarding Materia Magica

For players that are looking to play a MUD, I do not suggest you play Materia Magica. I have only played the game for a couple of weeks and there are nothing but ignorant people making fun of me and getting me killed. In order to get help from any of the staff, you need to e-mail them multiple times to even get considered to get a response from one of them. There are other MUD's out there that are more friendly to newer players, such are aardwolf.

kurik 08-27-2011 02:54 AM

Re: Regarding Materia Magica

Any other MUD Administrators are welcome to advertise their games on here, i would love to try some more out! :)

Molly 08-27-2011 05:19 AM

No offense, but I don't think that a thread that was started to criticize a specific mud is a good place for other administrators to post advertisments of their games. :)

kurik 08-27-2011 12:17 PM

Oh i am not posting a criticism because of something little, if i just don't like a MUD, i stop playing it and go to the next one, i don't spread my criticisms of MUD's that did not leave me angry, Most of the MUD's out there are extremely helpful to new players and to help them get started. Materia Magica hardly ever has anyone available to help you that is of the actual staff of the game. Being treated like a donkey while just starting the game is uncalled for in my opinion.

Darren Brimhall 08-27-2011 07:52 PM

There are MUD's out there where the Game's Staff is highly inattentive and players who've turned them into their own personal playgrounds, where they bend the rules to their liking all the time and those who complain are treated like garbage--which is not much different than being treated like a Donkey.

I myself regulary blast a Game I once loyally played for almost ten years exactly because of that, and help build a Game with other former players who were treated in simular fashion there. Slowly, all of us are getting over it--especially me, though intense bitterness still remains.

I hope you find a good one, kunik. Good Luck. ;)

Darren Brimhall

plamzi 08-28-2011 10:32 AM

Like Darren, I played a game with corrupt and inattentive immortals for many years. Eventually, it got to be too much to bear. Now I run my own game, founded on the principles of absolute fair play and immo responsiveness. To me, any game that doesn't provide these two can have any amount of fabulous features and they'll all go to waste. Good luck finding a new home.