Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advertising for Players (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New type of MUD - Come join (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1961)

Amnon 04-01-2003 11:38 AM

Project A is currently open for Beta (Just for balancing purposes, the game is fully operational, even the last of the crash bugs is fixed by now).

The game is a new type of MUD - Modern/Futuristic Strategy Game, a little like the C&C Games, where your mission is to build your own base, and go out to destroy everyone else you encounter, and their bases, gathering enemy blueprints, and using them to upgrade your own buildings.

You use the best weaponry the new world can offer - From the regular Pistol and Magnum to a Flamethrower and Bazookas, to tanks and Raptors, Guard turrets, War Cannons, and much much more.

With over 30 different buildings to construct your base of, including 3 tech trees, 5 classes, and 540,000 rooms (!!!) to explode in a giant wilderness map, along with the ever-evolving code, weaponry, armor and structures, the fun will stay for a long time.

Interested?
Just log on to fredrik.homelinux.org 3003

markizs 04-02-2003 03:19 AM

Amnon 04-02-2003 07:36 AM

Heh, just noticed I put "Over 540,000 Rooms to exploDe"...

lol... Kinda fits with the concept :P

enigma@zebedee 04-02-2003 09:02 AM

Amnon 04-02-2003 09:10 AM

The game doesn't need room descs... It's in an ASCII map. Buildings, however, do have their own descriptions.

Besides, drawing a giant map like that, or even coding the program to draw it, should get some credit :P

enigma@zebedee 04-02-2003 01:03 PM

Yeeh, it sounds like an updated version of Tron...which was a clasic mud until it ran out of players and died :-(

The trouble with pure pk muds like that is that if the player numbers drop below a critical number then they become unviable.

Amnon 04-02-2003 01:26 PM

Yeah... unfortunately you're right... Hey, maybe I could make dummy characters when the playerbase drops :P

Well, right now, lets hope it won't come to that stage... It's only 3rd week of beta, it can't die already...

Spazmatic 04-02-2003 06:25 PM

While I'm not really a big fan of it, it's definitely unique, and you're definitely got the spirit. I do recommend it for people looking for something different, though I think most mudders will not hearken to its style.

Grats on doing something totally different, though!

markizs 04-03-2003 06:51 AM

Yea enigma, its a bit like a tron. only u dont have seperate war zone and you can not only enter tanks etc buit build huge base and units. Cant test it anymore tho cos somehow my ip got banned. Good to see that ideas of tron is still alive.

Amnon 04-03-2003 07:01 AM

markizs 04-03-2003 08:04 AM

Amnon 04-03-2003 08:07 AM

I like having the connection monitor... Tells me when new players are logging on or creating.

Besides, what could be more fun than talking to a newbie while he's creating a char? :P