Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advertising for Players (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Make A Name For Yourself at Nilgiri! (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4925)

Alalus 05-16-2008 01:50 PM

Make A Name For Yourself at Nilgiri!

Nilgiri, the Forgotten World, is a very unique and wonderful world. If you have ever wanted to be able to enter a world, and become popular, famous and a major player in the MUD, this one might be the one for you. While, the player base is small, the ones who are on are very helpful. There are Nobles (maybe you might become one!) who get their own homes, you can submit equipment and a story to a goddess (Mandessa) and if it is creative and unique enough she will make you the one of a kind item that you requested.

The world is completely huge. There are two continents you can play on, and they're almost two seperate games.

In the last week we have climbed from 54 to 40 on the topmudlist. Perhaps not saying were better than the ones we surpassed, but our players are very devoted, and many have been playing for quite a while.

If you are looking for a place, where you have a chance to make a name for yourself, come check Nilgiri out. Chances are that you might find it different, but hopefully delightful. And try to occupy yourself and check in from time to time, because the more people that are on, the more fun Nilgiri gets. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Thanks for your time.
Alalus

PS I know many muds discourage, multiple characters or even prohibit them. Not Nilgiri! Many people adventure as a warrior and support themselves with a cleric or magic user.

I'd also like to add, if anyone who has played Nilgiri before, post your experience, be it good or bad! Thank you.

chimmery 05-30-2008 05:32 AM

Re: Make A Name For Yourself at Nilgiri!

Looking for some place where you can slay ghastly creatures or explore exotic areas or a place to spend time with friends or perhaps make some new friendships? Then the DikuMUD Nilgiri, the Forgotten World <> may be right for you!

As you create your character in Nilgiri, you can pick between two different continents - each with their own charms. Both of the continents in Nilgiri, offer endless possibilities, thousands of rooms to explore and most of all - the chance to make a name for yourself. For example, you can choose from over 7 different races (i.e. elf, pixie, etc.) and 5 different classes (warrior, druid, etc.

As you create a character, I recommend checking out the mud's "Nilgiri Tutorial for the Utter Novice" <> to get started. Then once you have made your character, if you have any questions most of the time there is someone (like myself) willing to lend a helping hand or answer a question. In addition, there is a class-oriented guildmaster that gives you hints as you venture your way into Nilgiri for the first couple levels. Also, if you are not fond of telenet or do not have another client, Nilgiri has their own Java client.

Personally, I have been playing Nilgiri for couple years now and have throughly enjoyed it ever since. I was once a lost newbie trying to find a mud and was drawn to this one. After I started my character and despite a few hurdles I had to overcome - the players I met from the beginning were in most cases encouraging and helpful in answering my numerous questions. Nilgiri has a smaller player base but it tends to fluctate. As time passes, players tend to get to know each other and at times group or venture together through the wonders that make up Nilgiri the Forgotten World.

So, if you are looking for a mud where adventure and mystik abounds, please try < > for yourself. I hope I will see you there!

Best Wishes,
Chimmery :)