Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mudders, nerds or not? (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1358)

Hannah 07-22-2002 08:09 PM

Jazuela 07-22-2002 08:52 PM

I look kinda normal, but I'm not a fashion freak. Cut-off sweatpants and women's tank shirts in the summer, sweats in the winter unless I'm working, in which case I wear mostly long indian-embroidered dresses.

Little overweight but nothing that a weekly exercise regimen won't cure, no glasses (20/20 vision), no zits, two distinct eyebrows so the neanderthal thing ain't happenin either. Just kinda normal.

The Vorpal Tribble 07-23-2002 12:18 AM

Ike 07-23-2002 12:22 AM

i am an indie rocker completely decked out in

- plain black tshirts and dark blue jeans

i own about 50 of each and wear them everyday. but hey, the guys in Tortoise dress like me and they are righteous.

---------------------

by the way. great topic! i had to log in and post a response!

Noximist 07-23-2002 08:46 AM

GenmaC 07-23-2002 09:51 AM

Pale, skinny, glasses.

I make lots of money and dress decently though.

Miyamoto 07-23-2002 11:36 AM

Before I criticize most mudders I know, I'll say that I have glasses and out of shape, though not fat, and though I try with some success to be cool, my ego is used to being popped.

That said, most of the people I meet on muds would either proudly classify themselves as either 'Normal' or 'Pierced'. The normal ones usually aren't. I go out of my way to not Really get to know the people I play with... I form mental images of them based on their behavior, and I've never had one surpassed, or even upheld, just shattered, and occasionally mercilessly trampled upon.

Rytorth 07-23-2002 01:18 PM

Skinny, glasses. Other then that, I look normal. I also wear comfortable clothes and they do have to meet certain standards before I wear them. I don't really get called names, unless the call-er is so immature they ought to be back in grade school. But my thin-ness is natural and without my glasses I can't see clearly more then a few inches in front of my nose. But overall, most people wouldn't even think I mud. I've got the only-nerds-mud and the girls-can't-mud predjudices working against me (or for me, depending on your point of view).

Feyona 07-23-2002 02:09 PM

Im a tad over weight. I dress nice when I am at my job but at home or around town i wear baggy Stuff and dont talk much. I was a nerd in high school and i never talked to anyone. But hey Im a badass Succubus now so dont F@#$ with me hehehe

Feyona

TheGoodDoctor 07-23-2002 03:12 PM

Yuki 07-23-2002 03:37 PM

I think Hannah posted this just so everyone would look at her pic and swoon. She's just looking down on all of us mere mortals.

I'm semi-normal. Sometimes I dress nice, sometimes I wear t-shirt and whatever, sometimes I wear frames for glasses so I look like I almost wear glasses. I take showers regularly, I do not smell, I clip my fingernails and toenails. I brush my teeth at least twice a day. I even shave and put on deoderant. One time I even changed my underwear.

KaVir 07-23-2002 03:54 PM

Can someone please define "normal"?

Dulan 07-23-2002 04:08 PM

Pale (Lemme 'splain ta ya somethin'. I'm mostly swedish and danish. Do I need to 'splain ta ya why I dun tan? Huh? Huh?), skinny to fair build, depending on season, and glasses only for computer work (Heh. I'm far-sighted. Very far-sighted.), and I only wear what is comfortable. I _do_ eat pizza and _drink_ coke (Unless you meant the other kind of coke. Silly person.) when I MUD, but oh lordie, I'm definitely not overweight.

So, which option do I fit under? Huh? Huh? And just what do you mean by normal? Do you mean N'Synch, Britney Spears, annoying, irritating, teen pop star normal? If so, then I think you are righteously deserving of a flame.

-D

Thoric 07-23-2002 06:02 PM

I don't know if this is unique or common, since it wasn't a voting option...

I look like something between a rocker and a biker.

I have long hair, a mustache and a goatee.

I wear black jeans, black t-shirt, black Doc Martins and a black leather jacket when the weather is cool.

Oddly enough I don't really have any friends that look the same.

Quietude 07-23-2002 06:21 PM

I wear what I wear, I weigh what I weigh, I eat what I eat . . .

Part of the joys of being online is not judging people by their appearances, yes?

I find that the people I meet at real-life MUD gatherings are, by and large, no different in appearance than any random sampling of the population, except for being heavily weighted towards being white and male.

this space intentionally left blank

Hannah 07-24-2002 06:23 AM

Hannah 07-24-2002 06:37 AM

thelenian 07-24-2002 07:14 AM

Artovil 07-24-2002 08:48 AM

mhc 07-24-2002 09:19 AM