Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7020)

Sebguer 07-21-2013 03:43 AM

Re: Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers

You just don't get it, Orrin, if I've never been personally effected by something, it means it's not worth addressing, obviously.

Also: Now with religion.

SnowTroll 07-23-2013 03:44 PM

Re: Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers

Because as we all know, anyone who doesn't think bigotry from anonymous and harmless sources on the internet is a serious issue is clearly a white male bigot. You have to be a minority to understand how terrible the world is. Maybe one day, middle class white guys will finally realize the error of their ways and start apologizing for years of ignorance. Because being a normal guy who wakes up and goes to work every day in a world where someone might be bigoted against someone else and not caring about that serious issue is, itself, dirty bigotry.

Sebguer 07-23-2013 04:31 PM

Yes, because pointing out that straight white males (of which I am one, myself) are ill-equipped to recognize the pervasive and harmful nature of bigotry in all its forms is equivalent to calling all straight white males bigots.

Except, no, it's not- but admirable effort at living up to the latter half of your name.

I'm really kind of wondering why you're so offended by the idea that people think bigotry on the internet is a bad thing? Do you believe bigotry deserves a haven? Should it be okay to be a bigot in certain places? Like, why should bigotry be acceptable -anywhere-?

SnowTroll 07-23-2013 05:52 PM

Not just the internet, but everywhere. Stupid bigots have just as much of a right to be wrong and stupid as everyone else has for their proud and non bigoted points of view. It's not illegal to be wrong and stupid. I strongly prefer a world where stupid bigots are outspoken and obvious so I can make an informed decision how much attention to pay them, what opinion to form of them, and how to act appropriately. It's just as wrong to censor stupid bigots as it is/was to force homosexuals to stay in the closet and shut up.

Jazuela 07-23-2013 06:06 PM

This thread delivers.

ArchPrime 07-24-2013 06:39 PM

Indeed it does! Ironically, anyone who is so contemptuous towards bigots is by definition... a bigot. Bahahaha! Anyways... ;-)