Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hello there (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4595)

MudMann 10-02-2007 12:15 PM

Hello there

Howdi

I am a lover of text based games (INteractive fiction in particular such as Inform and Tads), and games where you start with nothing and GROW to be huge and powerful.

I have been playing MUD's for over 10 years and my MudResume (i.e more than just a cursory look) includes, in no particular order

Dark and Shattered lands, Achaea, Threshold, Armageddon, Imperian, NewWorlds, Evarayn, Aardwulf, Shadows of Isildur, Two Towers

I am between MUD's now as I took a long break and have returned to start again hence why I am on this site, with a new character and a new story and with donations for those deserving! I have played many in the last few months, and cant find one that fits just right.

Also a World of Warcraft player, but lets not speak of that on this text gaming site.

Milawe 10-02-2007 01:16 PM

Re: Hello there

Welcome, MudMann! Good to have you here.

Don't be afraid to talk about WoW. I talk about it all the time... mostly how much I dislike it due to its raiding system. HEHE.

Well, good luck in finding a mud. Maybe you'll stop by on some of the ones you've already tried and visit me!

Brody 10-02-2007 01:18 PM

A hearty welcome to you. And there's always the Tavern of the Blue Hand for talking about stuff that's not quite on the topic of MUDs :)

(I'm a fellow WoW player, by the way. I expect to spend a lot of time there during the next few weeks during Brewfest!)

Xerihae 10-02-2007 01:56 PM

Welcome to the Asylum. Please leave all reason and sanity at the door and deposit any nuclear weapons you may have into my personal "Cleanse the World" Foundation ;)

Newworlds 10-02-2007 03:56 PM

Oooh, you played on NW awhile back? Don't try returning now, we wipe any non active characters annually, and block all former WOW players, hence Mina is not allowed to log on anymore.:cool:

prof1515 10-02-2007 07:24 PM

Go away. Just kidding. :-D

Tried all of those I think though only two of them were of interest to me. Admin'd on one of those two as well.

Well, having recently quit the MUD I've been playing for eight years, I'm in the same boat. I'm just going cold turkey since there just isn't anything out there that impresses me. Hence, I'm concentrating on my own game which will be ready for beta sometime around 2009 or 2010 (hopefully). My advice to you is RUN! RUN LIKE HELL AND DON'T LOOK BACK! :-D

*puke*

Take care,

Jason
Bored to tears and in a goofy mood

MudMann 10-02-2007 07:51 PM

Ah thanks for the greets, even though some were a little strange. WoW is fun, though I am a tight ass who has not even bought Burning Crusade yet and as I am level 53 wont be for a while.

Newworlds, delete characters do you now?! doubt I can remember who I was, I cant remember why I stopped playing but it was actually a while ago when I was still embroiled in my major mud of the time and feelings the first pangs of boredom.. I do recall having a good time on NW, and meeting some very interesting and well RP'ed folk.. I think it was the beta tag that put me off.. I wanted a completed game.. but dont shoot me for that it may be I am confused with another MUD. Maybe another try is in order....

Evarayn is the one capturing my attention at the moment, love the combination of skill accumlation over time, xp and levels by grinding if you want.. your own 'dungeon' instances or xp through non-violent guild tasks or trading. and PERSISTANT GEAR even through reboots!

Armageddon was impressive too, but I dont like permadeath.. yeah its the ultimate in RP experience, but to me MUD's are still games and have to be fun.

anyway.. I have said hello.. and time to go cause mayhem.. um.. *cough* engage in meaningful debate on the forums