Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   MUD Announcements (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Vote for Medievia!  or else..... (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3641)

betrayed.by.gods 12-12-2005 10:55 AM

help ivote
IVOTE IVOTED "I VOTE"

Please go to:

If you feel Medievia is the best mud, click the button.

That is it. It takes just a few seconds, especially if you add the URL to
your browsers favorite. The game will notify you every 13 hours that it is
time to vote. Voting is allowed every 12 hours.

We have spent years as the best mud. Unfortunetly we have also spent years
on the mud voting portals as a crappy mud as we never nagged players to
vote like other muds do. It is depressing seeing Medievia listed as the
18th best mud when we have hundreds of players online and the other muds
do not. It is depressing seeing so many people find mud portals and try
the best listed mud, not like it, and never try another mud EVER again
thinking that they tried the best mud.

THAT sucks! They have not tried the best mud. No other mud compares to
Medievia. Please lets let everyone know by simply voting.

Once you vote do a VOTE IVOTED and your prompt will clear until tomorrow.
Do not run a script to clear the prompt as the game detects this and marks
your history. That is fine but if you ever want our help, or our support
in your problems, or to become an avatar or god, you do not want this kind
of history.

This is the way the other muds get so many votes more than we have
traditionally received in the past. So now we will try it. Please PLEASE

P L E A S E

just vote every day. Its painless and helps us SO SO MUCH.

Thanks,
-Vryce

KaVir 12-12-2005 11:03 AM

Actually you spent years not showing up on the TMS list because you were banned for violating the Diku licence.

But yes, I'd certainly agree that you've spent years as "crappy mud" as well.

That is against the voting rules:

Anitra 12-12-2005 11:26 AM

Pathetic!

But also interesting to see Vryce showing his face here, after Soleil repeatedly declared that he doesn't follow or post in Mud boards, and consequently cannot answer questions about the code he stole.

So, since you obviously do read this board, Vryce; how about responding to the very polite e-mail you were sent some time ago, with several questions that the mud community would like to see answered.

Now would be a very good time to do this.
Otherwise, prepare to wear asbesto underwear every time you post an advert about your mud on a mud related board.

Or wait...
Is this some sort of bad a joke? Someone impersonating him?
I'll hold my laughter until we make sure.
No doubt Soleil will enlighten us soon.

betrayed.by.gods 12-12-2005 11:29 AM

Was not intending to Impersonate V as my name says I have been betrayed by the gods.

This is just a direct cut and paste from Med's newest helpfile, thought I'd share. V's name happens to be signed on the bottom.

betrayed.by.gods 12-12-2005 11:29 AM

*duplicate post*

mild mudder 12-12-2005 11:34 AM

TMS should boot Medievia right off the list, as obviously there are now rewards for voting and consequences for not voting. Just log on to Medievia and type HELP IVOTE. That will prove our story.

Soleil 12-12-2005 12:19 PM

Whoa- Look at all the free publicity for Medievia - thanks!

Just to respond to us being 'booted off' the voting list- no we are not giving any rewards for voting at all, and the consequences Vryce wrote about would be ONLY if a person ran a script on the game, which is illegal anyways (aside from voting).  

We are just now making our players aware of the importance of voting and urging them to vote, which is what other games have been doing already.  What we have just started doing with this IVOTED has been something that Aardwolf (and possibly other MUDs) has been doing for some time now.  If Medievia were to be taken off this list for such a thing, I would think that all the other games doing the same exact thing should also be taken off the list.  

I know that Medievia is considered the 'black sheep' of this business, but in the end, the rules of this voting site should apply to all games it lists.

WarHound 12-12-2005 12:19 PM

Bold and italics added by me for emphasis. I agree these turds need to get the boot again. Jesus, people. Following rules is a major problem. Don't take payment or credit for code you don't write. Don't cheat on TMS trying to get your cheesy mud more votes. Don't do that ####. Seems simple, right?

Wrong, apparantly.

I like this bit, especially:

Don't want people cheating to get around your mechanism for... well... cheating?

the_logos 12-12-2005 12:28 PM

Whoa, really? I have nothing against Aardwolf (or Medievia), but I have to say I'd be pretty annoyed to find out that Aardwolf is breaking the rules .

the_logos 12-12-2005 12:38 PM

baalenoth 12-12-2005 01:07 PM

Valg 12-12-2005 01:12 PM

This is the way the other muds get so many votes more than we have traditionally received in the past. So now we will try it. Please PLEASE

No, nagware is not permitted by the rules of the site, per Synozeer in past threads. It is also not the way "other MUDs" get more votes than Medievia does.

Valg 12-12-2005 01:18 PM