Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Another Attempt to shout over the Flames (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1196)

Jeena 05-16-2005 06:09 PM

Kopribear 05-16-2005 07:42 PM

*hugs* hello, Jeena m'love!

Okay, as we were saying. I've been MUDing for about 2 1/2 years now. I'm coming to love Armageddon more and more... it has actual RP... novelty...

Hardestadt 05-16-2005 08:31 PM

*insert random comments about Medieveia*

^_^

-H

Kopribear 05-16-2005 08:42 PM

H, darling, I am about to list all of the tortures I save especially for males in attempt to frighten you. Be prepared. Use rubber underwear.

Jeena 05-16-2005 09:26 PM

Kopribear 05-16-2005 09:34 PM

Actually I fluxuate between being inactive and playing like a fiend. Currently I'm trying to plan Kopri's wedding, so I've been on quite a bit. But since SOMEONE got rid of Twilight (who we were going to ask to do it) *EYE MATT* we're having a bit of a struggle finding a replacement. And I need gown ideas.

Jeena 05-17-2005 12:06 AM

I'm thinking the gown depends on the situation...you want a traditional wedding? or is this one of those deals where the bride has a nice long dagger stashed in the top of her knee high leather boots?

Sinuhe 05-17-2005 06:02 AM

Since you and Kopri are both new to the boards, I will give you some basic advice about nettiquette. No flame intended, honestly, just advice.

1. When new on a discussion board it is usually a good idea to lurk a bit first, to get a general idea about the nature of the frequent posters, before you jump into the fray taking side with any of them. Otherwise this will determine how you are regarded by most other posters for a longer time than you might have foreseen or wanted.

2. To 'shout over the Flames' usually just has the opposite effect, it adds to the spam, and consequently to the flames, because most posters, (except the obvious trolls), hate spam.

3. To have a private, fluffy conversation with another poster, (especially if the content of is is of little or no interest for a majority of the posters), there is a neat option called 'Your messenger' available. The link is on the top right of the page.

Kopribear 05-17-2005 06:56 AM

Well... it's not a private fluffy conversation. That's the thing. It's a very public fluffy conversation. And I'm sorry if it's considered spam... but it's not as though we're being exclusive -or- just filling it with a bunch of 'lol's and '*snuggle*'s. The conversation just deviated into a wedding dress discussion, opening it to anyone who may have imput. If they don't... well, it's rather easy to ignore the board, isn't it? Just don't click the link ^^ But on these boards, I suppose I can see that anything civil could be considered unwanted spam. Heaven forbid we spam the flamers. And yes, yes I am one of the flamers, please don't misinterpret this as me trying to be 'holier than thou' or something. I think my flaming is spammier than this. I do, however, greatly thank you for your advice, though it's a little late for me to take it.

Anyway, Jeena, my character is having a traditional Tsol'aa wedding... and sadly, her fiance has been planning most of it. Tsol'aa are elf-like... we're getting married in a forest... and he said something about her arms and shoulders being free, so I'm thinking some kind of strapless. He spoke with her aunt about it, and she said something about his ideas being reminiscent of a Pagan handfasting. And he said blue, green, and white would be good colours. So... I have to fill in the blanks.

Jeena 05-17-2005 08:18 AM

Well, since I'm not here to hide my preferences I don't see any particular reason why I should.
Secondly, since we are discussing mud rp in a forum which allows varied discussion there isn't a problem.

Kopri- I'd go with something more along the lines of a simple straightline dress, v-neck, maybe some gold accents, light green belt, some flowers in the hair.

Alleria 05-23-2005 04:01 PM

Pssst... It isn't spam. It is actually very public right now as the fact that they probably want more people to come and talk.

Kopribear 05-23-2005 05:28 PM

*hugs Alleria* ^_^ we do indeed want more people to come and talk. It could be a board for... people who aren't depressed and unhappy! Omgosh... do they exist?

Plus, I get to be as fluffy as I want here because Jeena loves me even if the rest of you don't.

Thanks for the suggestion, Jeena darling... also... I don't know if I mentioned but I don't want Kopri in white. You see white= purity... and Kopri has about 16 kids... the jig is up. *grin*

Brody 05-23-2005 06:17 PM

Kopribear 05-23-2005 07:52 PM

What signal? You're acting like this is a television. Noise? If you don't like the conversation... don't click the link. This isn't a game, so it doesn't belong there. It's not just a private conversation, as I'm rather DYING for imput from everyone who'd like to give it... and it's not just about wedding dresses. It's about... talking. To people. Communication. Pleasant communication. Don't like that idea? Then why bother looking at the thread, and then bumping it to the top by replying to it?

So anyway... Jeena, you say you're a professor of History? What kind? General history? Anyone else have a cool occupation to brag about?

I myself am a student.

Brody 05-23-2005 08:36 PM

Kopribear 05-23-2005 09:12 PM

*giggle* ahh. But... but... *clings to conversation posessively* but I... Brodyy *whine* we're the only non-flame happening right now... except the ones that are always there/ stickied. Let us keep it?

Brody 05-23-2005 09:41 PM

Valg 05-23-2005 09:41 PM

Yes. Yes, it does.

Ultimately, I think TMS would serve as a better discussion center if the rules were changed such that either:

1) Non-MUD threads are removed, or
2) Non-MUD threads get their own forum that doesn't bump the "recent discussions" thread.

This thread is more or less the type of thread that discourages me from using the site more. I'd much rather see a confrontational thread about MUDs than a pointless off-topic discussion.

Kopribear 05-23-2005 10:41 PM

Yes yes, scoff scoff scoff... Jeena actually started this as a result of one of the other flames going on, hence the snippy title. Everyone gets frustrated, I doubt it was an attempt at 'holier than thou' or anything like that.

Just a general statement, I for one don't consider myself above anyone... because I'm involved in at least one of the flames. It's just nice to have a break, you know?

And... the Tavern isn't described as something to only talk about the principles of MUDs, or whatever. I'm sorry that I was confused... Jeena and I were having a discussion relating to MUDs... hoping it would continue going along the MUD-type path and everyone who wanted to join in a general pleasant conversation would join. But instead we're -all- being unpleasant and fake-nice and arguing over whether or not a regular conversation of people is all right or not.

So, Jeena, I say it's not worth it... which is what they want... so let's just let it go.

GuruPlayer 05-23-2005 11:45 PM

"So, Jeena, I say it's not worth it... which is what they want... so let's just let it go."

(Sounds of hundreds of TopMudSites fans leaping to their feet & cheering madly)

"HIP HIP HOOORAYYY!!!!"
emote dancing wildly around the fire nekkid and chugging their meads!

(Now sounds of those same fans holding their breath, waiting.....)