Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advertising for Players (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Looking for a home sweet home! (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5025)

Tuah 07-18-2008 04:57 PM

Looking for a home sweet home!

Hear ye hear ye!
Been a while me looking fer a good mud guv!I donnoae whether im too picky or whatever but home me looking fer are
Aight guv!that`s all..feel free to add more !

Newworlds 07-18-2008 05:03 PM

Re: Looking for a home sweet home!

Ello mate!

Why dontcha 'ave a gander over to NW. We have these simple requests and much more. Check out the website at: , or if you can't stand waiting just set your client to newworlds-rpg.com port 4002.

Throttle 07-18-2008 08:49 PM

The closest thing to what you're looking for, as far as I know, is TorilMUD. It's heavily AD&D-based and set in Forgotten Realms, quite close to canon as far as a MUD can be expected to adhere to a tabletop setting, it has a very "realistic" theme with no jarring silliness, and it has plenty of proccing weapons. The playerbase is suffering a little lately, it had 35 online when I checked a few minutes ago and peak seems to be around 50 whereas it used to be upwards of 200 or more in its heyday, but the game isn't dead. The one shortcoming I'd point out is that it has very few newbies and most players are maximum level (50), so finding groups can be hard at times. Apart from this particular problem, it's one of the best MUDs I have ever played, especially if you're looking for a FR setting and a AD&D-esque codebase. The one thing that doesn't quite meet your requirments is that there is no real PK system. There used to be, and the MUD is still divided into evil and good races who can't group and are supposedly enemies, but the only place you'll find PvP is in arenas designed for that purpose. The game isn't balanced for PvP anyway.

The game is currently undergoing a transition to a codebase that resembles D&D3rd edition, and when this is ready, the MUD should see great improvements to both the game itself and the size of the playerbase. The project has been in the works for quite a while but I believe it's nearing its completion, so if you're not the impatient sort, it may be worth waiting for that to finish first. If you want to jump right into the game now, I will suggest that you make one of the classes that are good at soloing since finding groups is not always possible. You'll find the information you need on their forums, so visit and have a look.

To provide an example of the quality of TorilMUD (formerly Sojourn/Sojourn2), this is the game that inspired Brad McQuaid to make Everquest, and it has many close similarities in regards to gameplay and classes. It does have a very Everquest-like feel to it (the early days of Everquest when Verant were the developers, that is), and it's the only MUD that I've seen which has actual raids and raid zones that are built and balanced properly.

Roleplay is not enforced, but you can choose to enable your RP tag to indicate that you are in character. I'll admit that few players roleplay with much regularity, but the game world is built in a way that supports it to some extent, and once someone starts roleplaying, other players in the vicinity will often do so as well. It's not the quality of roleplay that you'll find on an RPIMUD, but that doesn't seem to be what you're looking for anyway.

Mabus 07-19-2008 01:16 AM

You could give a try. I know several people that have played it, and I did for a couple months. It is based on Forgotten Realms, and is a role-play enforced mud.

There were a few issues with it (some coding, some just strange...like after 3 months I could not meet with a representative of my deity to be accepted into his faith, but that is the life of dwarves, I imagine...) that may have been resolved since I played.

Lots of little auto-quests, a crafting system and chances at IC CvC (character versus character, as I never liked the term "PK", cause I do not kill players, just characters) if that is what you worked toward.

Here I am recommending someone else's MUD. What the heck am I doing?

Tuah 07-19-2008 02:13 AM

Thanks for all the feedback guv!meet ya`ll in a jiffy

Threshold 07-20-2008 03:36 AM

Threshold has all of these requirements and more. It is not based on Forgotten Realms, but religion is a major aspect of Threshold, with very active deities.