Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   MUD Humor (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   MUD skills can save lives (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4709)

KaVir 12-17-2007 06:35 AM

MUD skills can save lives

"Hans knew the first thing he had to do was taunt it so that it would leave his sister alone and she could run to safety...Once he was a target, Hans remember another skill he'd picked up at level 30 in 'World of Warcraft' -- he feigned death. The moose lost interest in the inanimate Hans and wandered off into the woods."

I guess it's lucky he wasn't a GW2 player, or he'd probably have pounced on it instead.

Muirdach 12-17-2007 07:28 AM

Re: MUD skills can save lives

"Boy Killed Trying to Crush Moose's Testicles with Hammer" doesn't really have the same feel-good sound to it, I'll give you that.

Fern 12-18-2007 02:04 AM

Sort of along the lines of:
"ZOMG!!!!!!!!1 I totally RULED tha moose!" - among the many finely-honed communications skills Hans picked up during his long and illustrious career as an orc infantryman.

aegora 12-21-2007 07:03 PM

I think the thing i like most about that article are the comments posted by people below it ;)

Kids are quite bright, i remember hearing about a little girl that successfully performed cpr on a familymember because she remembered seeing the sign on the wall at the swimming pool! Its amazing where youc an pick up the most useful skills! (though you have to be careful to make sure the skills are apropriate for the situation or you might endup on the darwin awards!)

Delerak 12-22-2007 07:37 AM

Publicity stunt. WoW is actually losing players.

Kylotan 12-22-2007 08:26 AM

So what? Probably half of all games are losing players at any given time.

Delerak 12-22-2007 08:29 AM

I don't mean they are losing players at a "given moment". I believe they have been steadily losing their playerbase over the past year now, that's why they announced the new expansion so early. They want to try and keep players for it, but it's not going to happen, people are bored with the game.

aegora 12-22-2007 11:20 AM

Bored? Thats interesting! I always figured it was like a new evercrack and nobody caught up in it would ever leave... I havent yet succumbed to the temptation of testing it, so I cant comment ... but I imagine any game would have to keep adding new content regularly to keep old players interested. when was the last time WoW expanded?

Kylotan 12-22-2007 11:25 AM

Again, so what? Products have a lifespan. Nobody at Blizzard expects WoW to last forever. What I said about losing players still applies.

And how does WoW's declining population give you the perceived authority to declare this a publicity stunt? Want to go over to the original Norwegian newspapers that broke this story and accuse them of fabricating it?

Delerak 12-22-2007 01:15 PM

Considering the article is in english and the link is suspect, I have the right to call it a publicity stunt. Show me one valid news source, website, anything that relates to the story and I might change my mind, until then I can say whatever I want, it's the internet, bozo. If it were real life I'd still say whatever I want.

Kylotan 12-22-2007 01:22 PM

I hope one day that someone drags you into court for slander, if you think you can go around accusing people of fabricating things without any evidence to back you up except your own opinion.

Delerak 12-22-2007 01:22 PM

I found numerous sites with this story but they were all blogs and minor domain names, nothing credible. Not to mention I also found several links from the official world of warcraft forums linking the story over and over (hmm that's not suspicious at all). I also found the norwegian site but I'm not norwegian so..

Delerak 12-22-2007 01:24 PM

Lol, you're a jacknut. I can say a story is fake if I want, it's called freedom of speech. If you think that's slander you have a thing or two to learn about american law. You have people saying the 9/11 attacks are a conspiracy and that fire can't melt steel to bring a building down like that, do you see them getting arrested?

aegora 12-22-2007 01:42 PM

I could only find one Online Norwegian translator... and of course got something rather amusing out of the result :) Please feel free to translate the translation better for me, but I cannot detect the word "warcraft" anywhere... which would of course be wysiwyg because of copywright on the name. My interpretation on the results is that the child actually DID get accosted by a moose, in the early hours of the morning waiting at the bus-stop going to school, plaid dead, was poked in the back with antlers and stepped on a few times before the critter left, allowing the chld to get on the bus when it arrived and go to school. Apparently he complained to the school nurse about some pains in the back and went home later that day when they found out what happened.
My guess is that someone took the article and made a funny out of it. though i cannot prove that.

TRANSLATED(?) FROM ARTICLE AT

Affected at elg at skoleveien His Jørgen Olsen (12) became affected from behind at autobahn at school by an illsint elg this morning. Animal donated her no sooner boy was laying on the bare ground and acted dead. printing CHRISTER The accumulations. JOHNSEN The tips a boy friend! The tips drafting Writer edged! subscribe A bargain music here! A bit at Facebook Writer din construction Writer your inset here maximal 2000 character. Plea be bound to sign for along with crowded appellation , or you be bound to register you along with nick. Inset along with usaklig contend or improper usage am not becoming published. Does not send my answer Convictions about this commodity : Leksvikelgen kill. Elg in The lesson sorts Entire debate Relate Kill believable The lesson elgen åringen at The lesson do be about cut a corner by a hageområde to get over at busstoppet this morning. IN darkness detected he and sister (10) abrupt øynene at that big elgen. They was not seeing elgen a prior it was for nære. Sister course away , but His Jørgen rakk no matter to get over away a prior elgen pole him in ryggsekken and back , say July Ann Olsen , mother at åringen. Acted dead Elgen do be about saw have pressure guttungen along at that he no matter cope with to bolt speedier , and åringen stepped correct in salver. Here was laying he as quiet as and browsed up at that big animal as sto bent above him. READ Also : Kill believable The lesson elgen They had øyekontakt , but His Jørgen was laying absolutely comfortably acted dead along at that elgen owned stepped , say mother. A pain in the back åringen was leaving saw at school , how he became grabbed hand about at helsesøsteren. He called home in lunch hour and he said owned a bit a pain in the back. He am now analyzed for pains , but facts do be about no matter be feel a few earnest claims , say mother. Be in search of elgen Crew at Lensvik and Mosvik lensmannskontor has today been out and searched after elgen. We have gotten bid about elgangrepet , and has been out a few beat and sett after animal , getting addressee disclosed at lensmannskontoret.

aegora 12-22-2007 01:48 PM

Oops, The second article that Delorak linked DOES contain the words "world of warcraft"... it translates similarly in its unintelligibility though.

the relevant portion may be:

As he getting scrolled her around sto facts big animal above him. Acted dead We deemed øyekontakt a good deal while , after stuck it abrupt at , say he. The idea about to act dead owned he learned at to act onlinerollespillet World shame Warcraft. As you shall flate ut 30, learn you a do tricks as call by name «fake death». That's I doing – I acted as if I was dead , and as lost elgen the interest , say it courageous åringen.

Delerak 12-22-2007 02:42 PM

That's hysterical.