Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Newbie Help (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MUDs with graphical/custom client? (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5264)

daerus 12-21-2008 05:57 PM

MUDs with graphical/custom client?

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on MUDs that use a custom/graphical client as the only option for play(i.e. you can't connect through MUD clients like zMud). Preferably with some kind of mapping system as well.

Much appreciated!

caimen 12-21-2008 08:45 PM

Re: MUDs with graphical/custom client?

You might check out the mud I am developing. , there is no way to create a character but you can login with test and password test. Or you may post on the forum asking for an account. This MUD is only 3 months into development, but the basics are there.

Milawe 12-22-2008 01:02 AM

Completely playable though in early stages so light in content. Very much worth a look.

MikeRozak 12-22-2008 04:34 PM

I am working on one, although the content doesn't conform to standard Diku-MUD content. It'll be more puzzle oriented, with lots of NPC interaction. (You could use the toolkit to create a DikuMUD clone if you really wanted.)

Hephos 12-23-2008 10:22 AM

Our dragonmaw client (under development, but functional).

And to try one of the most advanced clients around check out BatMUD:

(We've been involved in development of both clients).

julie_grrl 01-11-2009 11:21 PM

only allows play through the graphical client... it's web-based, so you play it through a browser, or we have a stand-alone client available for download. It's Windows-only, however.

the_logos 01-12-2009 01:45 AM

The two biggest are:

They both have a custom graphical client (you can't connect via zMUD) and they both have mapping systems.

Newworlds 01-12-2009 11:00 AM

Are we sure the thread creater is asking for a Graphical GMUD? Or is he asking for a TMUD with a personalized client? I mean, why would you come here to ask for a game like WoW?

Milawe 01-12-2009 12:35 PM

I think he's asking for something more like where the interaction with the game is still done almost solely through text but the client is custom and fit only to that game. (And Avenshar has a graphical map, too!)

Baffle 01-12-2009 05:52 PM

I saw this thread and thought I'd pop in to point out as an option here. TEC's got several unique clients available as options: a Java-based client (their oldest client), as well as newer clients based off ActiveX, Flash, and Mozilla. It's hosted by Skotos.net, which means you'll get access to several other (at least five) MUDs with the same account, all of which are played via customized graphical clients as well, and allowing you many different options depending on your preferred style of play.

lovechiefs 03-02-2009 10:58 AM

After seeing this thread,I started playing Archons and I have to say that so far it is a well done game with great potential.
I recommend this game to all

Milawe 03-04-2009 12:35 AM

Look me up. I'm the one that's always getting munched by worms. :)

the_logos 03-04-2009 01:10 AM

Well, I dunno. He asked for a MUD that "uses a custom/graphical client as the only option for play." WoW and Runescape certainly fit that bill insofar as they're MUDs to me (though not text MUDs). On the other hand, options like Batmud (which is accessible via any client using the telnet protocol) do not fit the bill.

--matt