Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Break Room (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GO BULLS! (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4533)

Brody 09-09-2007 01:01 AM

GO BULLS!

Whee! My alma mater, the University of South Florida, just upset the nationally ranked Auburn Tigers in college football.

I know it's early in the year, but the USF program is still pretty young and to see them defeat Auburn in overtime was just incredible.

(Now I'm starting to re-think my opposition to the football team during my days at the USF Oracle...)

Xerihae 09-09-2007 04:52 AM

Re: GO BULLS!

You mean American Football right? The kind of football where you're allowed to use your hands? ;)

Lanthum 09-09-2007 05:49 AM

The one and only! There's only ONE Football! :p

(And for a second I thought the OP meant the Chicago Bulls :eek:

Xerihae 09-09-2007 05:57 AM

Yeah you're right Lantham, only for some strange reason you guys call it soccer whilst the rest of the world calls it football ;)

As a side note, I'm not supporting football as I don't actually like it! And since I know nothing about american football, I'll echo Brody and say GO BULLS!

Lasher 09-09-2007 07:31 AM

I could have sworn we had a "break room" forum for anything not MUD related, but either I just imagined that or it fell by the wayside when we switched forums. Anyway, seems like a good idea to add one.

In the meantime, "Go Noles!"

Molly 09-09-2007 10:21 AM

Ack - you Americans and your misconceptions about the meaning of the word Football.
Perhaps we should start a new thread about it... :)

Meanwhile - go GAIS! :D

Brody 09-09-2007 11:06 AM

Speaking of soccer, why is David Beckham such a wuss? Gets a paper cut on a million-dollar bill and suddenly he can't play.

WEAK!

Xerihae 09-09-2007 12:58 PM

Cause he's a footballer, and all footballers (with the exception of Vinnie Jones) are pansies.

Real men play rugby.

Muirdach 09-09-2007 02:22 PM

And this is absolutely the best time to watch rugby!

Fern 09-09-2007 03:15 PM

Erm.. go Seahawks?

Xerihae 09-09-2007 03:54 PM

Yep! You can gleefully watch as England get absolutely hammered. I doubt we'll make it to the final four this time around.

Ilkidarios 09-09-2007 06:45 PM

Personally I'm a FAMU fan, and I'm currently attending classes there because when I was younger I didn't have the dough to attend college. Our football program is not the best in the world, but the Rattler band program is second to none.

Muirdach 09-09-2007 10:48 PM

None of the big teams played well really, other than NZ. Probably a bit early to really know what'll happen. We'll see where it goes!