Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advertising for Players (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hey, need a player? (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1785)

Vesper 09-17-2006 04:56 PM

Well, after many years of playing my favorite mud, it has since closed for some major revamps that will probably not be seen for a long time.

So here is what I'm more or less looking for:
A solid roleplaying mud that is easy to pick up.
A mud that accepts NO donations to benefit your character.
One that has a decent class selection...meaning, every class is unique. I hate seeing Warriors with multi-missile and Mages with ensnare and Thieves with portal.
I prefer ROM/Diku/Circle or anything along those lines, though not mandatory.
And lastly, one with 10 or more players online on average.

Any suggestions?

Fern 09-17-2006 05:20 PM

Sure, come on over to Legends of Karinth.

karinth.com:2345

No classes - you are your own unique class, based on your own strategy and choices.
RP highly encouraged, including potential to gain experience from RP.
We follow the DIKU license - your donations get you our enduring gratitude but no bonus or boost in-game.
We're a massively modified ROM.
Like everywhere, our online varies, but 10 or more is easy.

Zeno 09-17-2006 05:57 PM

Check out .

We may not enforce RP, but we encourage it.
We will never give "rewards" for donating.
Our class system is unique, and so is each class.
We're Smaug, which is of course derived from Diku.
Our avg players on ranges from 5-25 ().

WarHound 09-17-2006 07:07 PM

Armageddon.org

Although it has a fairly steep learning curve, it is delivious once you pick it up.

Play it. Love it.

-WP

Nikodemus 09-18-2006 02:07 PM

Perhaps Realms of Discordia?  

chaos-ascending.com port 9000

Roleplay mandatory, ROM / Ember derivative.

Not only is roleplaying compulsory, there are systems to automatically reward it. It's even possible to level solely by roleplaying. Also, immortals regulary reward players for active roleplaying.

Valg 09-19-2006 09:30 AM

Carrion Fields is a ROM derivative, operating continuously since April 1994, fulfilling all the criteria you mention.  

You mentioned that you want a game that isn't based around purchasing "perks".  We're not into gimmicks in our gameplay.   is a link to one of our thousands of "100% XP days!".  If you want a special reward for your character, you'll need to earn it in the game.

You mentioned that you want class uniqueness.   is a link to an ad for just one of our classes.   play completely differently, as do all of our classes, yet we've had successful examples from every class in terms of roleplaying and combat.

You mentioned roleplaying was important to you.  We frequently update our History forum with events like , which is from yesterday.  That's part of a worldwide quest involving all sorts of different factions and characters. is from a few days before that. Things happen on Carrion Fields.

Kastellyn 09-20-2006 10:36 AM

Valg didn't go into detail on our number of players, but I think it bears mentioning.  Carrion Fields has peaks of around 80 players, and very rarely will have less than 30.  I'd say we average about 50-60 players at any given time.  One key point to those numbers is that they're all active players; we don't allow botting or multiple log-ons per player, so everyone you see on the who list is actively engaged in one form of RP/PK or another.

As with anything relatively new, it'll take a while to get used to the differences between your previous MUD and CF.  That being said, I've seen a lot of new players do very, very well at both PK and RP within a short time of starting to play.

Good luck with whatever MUD you choose!

Imria 09-21-2006 04:54 PM

Come give Adventures Unlimited a try.

We're a rom2.4b6 MUD with no in-game benefits for donations.
There is a good selection of unique classes - work is still going into making them different in even more ways.
It's pretty easy to pick up - and if anything seems tricky, there's a comprehensive set of help files and a lot of players ready to help out.
AU is roleplay encouraged (enforced in the PK system), and most of our players do roleplay. We have a temple system and world events designed to promote and further it.
It can get quiet at off-peak hours, but otherwise we'll have around 10-20 players online.

We'd love to have you stop by.

telnet: tharel.net 5005
web:

Elora 09-22-2006 03:17 PM