Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Please help me find a home! (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1560)

wasd 12-27-2005 08:12 PM

I have been looking for a MUD to call a home for months. This is what I am looking for:

RP encouraged
Does not have to have a huge pbase but a 15+ that are active not AFK and friendly
Quests - I love quests and I think this the most important. I am looking for logical challenging quests, not just <take item to mob>.
Quest have an important part in advancing
Stable and rent free if possible
Well written descriptions where individual objects can be "looked at"
Saves equipment

I have played most of the mud's in the top 20 especially IRE no offense I greatly respect these games but I am look for a new home!

Thank you very much in advance. Any help would be appreciated!!

wasd

DonathinFrye 12-27-2005 08:53 PM

Hey there - check out 'Awakened Worlds'

Sounds like that might be a MUD you'd like - I have been hunting around getting stats and doing quick reviews at MUDs... Awakened Worlds offers all of the things you want, including probably the most indepth quest system I've seen. Infact, questing is your primary way of character growth in the MUD. Playerbase ranges from 20-35ish, all active and helpful. I dunno, sounds like you'd probably like it - handsome code, characters, and descriptions too.

Not as quite PvP oriented as I usually prefer, but I have found myself enjoying its quest system very much.

Fern 12-27-2005 09:52 PM

Sounds like you would enjoy Legends of Karinth also. Many of our players arrive after searching for similar conditions to what you describe.

legendsofkarinth.com:2345

mellowmarshall 12-27-2005 10:20 PM

DikuMUD Nilgiri is an excellent mud, with a very clean appearance and color scheme. There aren't a thousand classes, races, and skills, that system is relatively simple. There are 33 levels, combat is straightforward, and the best part of the MUD is its 40000+ rooms and growing. Its very easy to stay close to Midgaard, the only unoriginal city, for a few levels, however it is just as easy to get your feet dirty far far away from home. The immortal staff and players are very dedicated, and we are always looking for more people who love to mud and socialize!

nilgiri.mythril.com port 8888

Hajamin 12-28-2005 12:20 AM

None taken, but you meantioned quests as one of your things. Lusternia tries to make sure every area has more than just <take item to mob> quests, so I'm just wondering if you got into our quests much. If so, I'd love to hear what you thought of them.

ChaoticOna 12-28-2005 12:24 AM

Anitra 12-28-2005 10:10 AM

I think you should try 4 Dimensions.

They have the best and most elaborately designed quests I've seen in any mud, and they come in all sizes. And there are tons of them too. Everything from easy newbie quests to very hard and challenging ones, where you may have to go through 10 different steps and run around half the world to finish. And of course anything in between.
Also they fulfil all your other recquirements.

To be really successful there you should go through their Quest Academy, but that is time well spent, because they teach you some really neat tricks there.

The address is 4dimensions.org  Port 6000

By the way, shouldn't this thread be moved to the advertising forum?

Amaranthe 01-14-2006 06:05 PM

I'm going to recommend a MUD to you that isn't the MUD I currently play or represent.

Genesis, the Original LP MUD -

It has, hands down the best, most numerous, and interesting quests I have seen on any MUD. Period. It also has a moderate player base and is roleplaying encouraged (not enforced).

However, it doesn't save equipment except for a few items you earn through questing, though a decent player base generally hooks you up with guilds where armor and weapon racks are available to gear up fairly easily.

The MUD I do represent also has some immersive and fun quests, and I would recommend mine first for an overall balance of gaming aspects, but if you want a MUD where interesting quests are a crucial part of advancement, I can think of no better than Genesis. At least 50% of your character's experience will be earned through quests. It's a bit difficult to get into but once you do it's a lot of fun.