Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hey yo, its Dakhno (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5710)

Dakhno Ivanovich 09-21-2009 10:32 AM

Hey yo, its Dakhno

Hmm, what to say?

My real name's Jeff. Dakhno Ivanovish is my character on Daedal Macabre ( 9000). Long story short, Dakhno's about 3 1/2 years old real life, played for 850+ hours. He's a red great wyrm, and one of the leaders of clan Nocturne. His hobbies include summoning and killing unsuspecting victims, mocking anything that appears serious in nature, and providing comic relief to the otherwise serious Cathedral of Nocturne.

As for me, personally, I'm 29 years old, from New York City, and I'm 8 days away from being a father. I'm playing at Daedal Macabre for about 8 years, and I'm here, mainly, to try to seduce new players to check out the game I play. I love the place, and I think it'd be great to inject some new blood into it, to help fill out clans a bit more and further enhance the RPK of the place.

So yeah, pleasure to meet you all. Talk to ya soon,

Jeff

Newworlds 09-21-2009 11:39 AM

Re: Hey yo, its Dakhno

Yo wassup G!

Sounds like a fun game. I'm a father too so good luck with your new child! How fun will that be and huge headaches.

I freaked out a little that you were playing a 3 year old killing off people till I realized your character is a dragon. Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sure you will get people to come join you.

Good Luck and Welcome!

Dakhno Ivanovich 09-21-2009 01:14 PM

Haha no, the character isn't a 3-year old. I mean, I created the character in May of 2005, so in real-life terms, the character is 3 1/2 years old. Actually more like 4, huh?

Yeah, I can't wait for the baby. My fiancee's scheduled for her C-Section on 9/29, so we're sorta in our final holding pattern for the birth of my son.

So how old is your child? Boy or girl?

Thanks for the welcome!

Newworlds 09-21-2009 02:45 PM

She's a girl, 4 years old, and quite a ball of fire (perhaps a dragon in a previous life?)

Dakhno Ivanovich 09-21-2009 04:19 PM

My fiancee's got a 9-year old daughter, so yeah, I feel ya. Then again, everybody's pretty much insane until they reach the age of reason... whatever age that is. Sorta seems to depend on the person.

I probably didn't grow out of being borderline nuts until my mid 20s.

Newworlds 09-22-2009 11:53 AM

So you get the autofamily. At least her daughter is pretty young still so I'll give you some advice from someone who knows. ;) As soon as is feasible (sometime after you are married), start calling your fiance "mom" around your step daughter. After about a week of this, gently talk to her about wanting to be a father figure to her and to help your new baby it would be nice if she called you dad, not to take away from her other dad of course.

This will really strengthen your relationship and bond your family tighter and will in no way diminish her bio father if they still have a relationship.