Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Newish to MUDs and this forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6307)

Misha Locke 11-06-2010 03:46 PM

Newish to MUDs and this forum

Hello everyone,

I am MishaLocke~

I am a female in real life. I'm 20 years old,
My hobbies outside of MUDS are: video games, computer, internets, some movies, reading
My real name will be given to people whom ask or I get to know better on here.
I've been into the MUD scene since this year.

Well, let me get into real life info.

I have a job at a local retail store, and I also go to college. Sometimes it is stressful to do both. Time management is very important for any new-coming college students
I love anime and manga also

Molly 11-07-2010 01:25 PM

Re: Newish to MUDs and this forum

Welcome to the Forum, Misha.
What the Text Mud community really needs is more young females, like you.
People with the ability to multitask... :)
Up the women!

Milawe 11-07-2010 03:38 PM

Welcome to mudding and TMS!

scandum 11-07-2010 08:48 PM

If the mudding community had more vibrant self-confident alpha males such as myself the women would come in droves. Unfortunately I'm all by myself.. if only I could multitask..

So tell us Misha, what got you into playing MUDs?

silvarilon 11-08-2010 01:29 AM

Scandum, I always assumed you were female. What with the pink pony image, and all. I know, terribly sexist assumption of mine...

Welcome, Misha.

Misha Locke 11-08-2010 01:23 PM

Yeah, that's true.

Eh, I found a random MUD one day from a different forum, and joined that MUD then it stuck to me like glue to join all kinds.

I am staff on one MUD atm and would love to expand my skills on being staff on at least one more. :P

scandum 11-08-2010 11:47 PM

Misha Locke 11-09-2010 12:30 AM

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful?

scandum 11-09-2010 01:26 AM

I'm mainly trying to break the monotony, there hasn't been a whole lot going on here lately.

chaosprime 11-09-2010 11:22 AM

Threshold 11-10-2010 01:02 AM

A very noble cause. It seems like it has been a long while since one of the standard flame wars has cropped up. I won't mention any by name since that's sortof a good thing.

Newworlds 11-11-2010 04:29 PM

Welcome Misha! Enjoy the ride.

SeloraEV 11-13-2010 06:27 PM

Hi Misha,
I am also a mudding girl.

Just wanted to let you know that the mud I work with is hiring immortal staff right now, if you are interested in another mud to play on, we would love to have another girl on staff. We currently have 5 staff members and 4 of us are woman! yay!

We are working on building a player base, the mud used to be open 6 years ago, and we recently reopened it and have been trying to recruit people to play. Some people stay some don't, as all muds tend to have I would think. So anyways, if you are interested please visit our mud... our website is and the connection info is there, as well as a link to our forum.

Later!
Selora

Templar 11-14-2010 03:00 AM

I've played most if not all of roleplay MUDs on topmudsites, although often it did not go beyond making a character and piddling around on the newbie zone. Some of them I played for years- Threshold, Armageddon, and Lusternia . I recommend you check them out, all of them have been around for a while. Armageddon, has excellent roleplaying and depth and I suggest it if you want to focus on character development first and foremost. Threshold maintains the perfect ratio of adventure and casual roleplay that I like. Lusternia has no enforced roleplay but is a fun MUD nonetheless.

Only two newer MUDS have caught my interest beyond the newbie zone in the past couple years, Maiden Desmodus and Isles of Aedin. Maiden Desmodus has good setting and is very polished for its age. I recommend it to novice mudders who like an interesting world for roleplay. The admins were friendly and helpful. They just need to grow their playerbase. I wish them best of luck, as the game is clearly a labor of love.

Isles of Aeden is a diamond in the rough. It needs a lot of polish but I find myself liking it so far despite some frustrations, figuring they will be ironed out in the future. The playerbase is refreshingly friendly and helpful. So far, I have found a sweet spot of adventuring and light roleplay. I recommend Isles of Aedin to more experienced Mudders who are familiar with playing games that are still in development.

Anitra 11-14-2010 03:38 AM

How and why did this welcome thread turn into promotions?

Templar 11-14-2010 05:19 AM

I was simply offering suggestions from one player to another. There are a ton of MUDs out there and few have the inclination to try out every single one of them.

Newworlds 11-14-2010 11:38 AM

Ah, but some do. What's more fun than breezing through 150 games?

Templar 11-14-2010 04:22 PM

Touche. I happen to enjoy it but assume a lot of players (maybe even most?) do not, preferring to choose from a more narrow field. I have found that a staggering amount of MUDs are more or less indistinguishable from each other when it comes to combat, advancement, background, and overall "feel".