Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   MUD Announcements (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OtherSpace theme change ahead (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3523)

Brody 04-01-2003 12:17 AM

OzzySpace
Telnet: jointhesaga.com 1790

I've given this a lot of thought, especially since I began working full-time on the game, and I think it's high time to shake things up on OtherSpace.

So, effective April 15, we're going to tweak the theme fairly substantially. The entire game will be set on one ship, similar to the Sanctuary plot of Arcs VI and VII. It'll be the Tomin Sirocco. But the Sirocco will be owned by a family that was cryogenically frozen and reanimated by Cabrerra Industries. This family will demand to have their lives and interactions captured on holovid.

The family, of course, is the Osbournes. The MUSH will change its name to OzzySpace.

I'm particularly excited by the prospect of Ozzy having dinner with a Nall!

Exciting times lie ahead!

Burr 04-01-2003 09:19 AM

The owner of the WoT site where I work announced some very similar changes today. We are soon going to start a new RPG called Stasis Box Land. In this RPG, every member will be trapped in their own personal stasis box, completely cut off from the outside world and with no method to communicate with anyone else. All posts in this RPG will be viewable only to the person who posted it.

enigma@zebedee 04-01-2003 01:28 PM

Wow Burr! That's a name I recognize.

Did you use to play Tron Burr? Or is this a different Burr?

Burr 04-01-2003 02:43 PM

Nope, sorry, I'm not that Burr. I suppose this being April 1st, I should pretend to be; but I'm afraid that might get out of hand.

Getting back to the topic...Hey Brody, by chance is an Ozzy-based character actually going to make an appearance on your mud today? That might be worth seeing.

Brody 04-01-2003 02:48 PM

Mason 04-01-2003 03:56 PM

Best April Fool's day joke was the one Terloch and I pulled last year:

I "played" a hacker who threatened to take down Feudal Realms if people didn't stop picking on me (I had been instigating arguments and talking trash).  Finally they kick me off and I come back and say,"That's it, I'm taking this mofo down."

Two minutes later Terloch takes FR offline and installs a stock mud and makes a char with the name I previously had.  Then he starts talking trash to people as they came on and started bragging about how easy it was to take FR down.  What was so great about it was that none of the imms knew about it.

Oh man it was classic.  Terloch started posting on TMS about how he got hacked and was working really hard to get the mud back up.  No one even paid attention to what day it was.

There may have been a better mud-related AFD joke that that, but I haven't heard about it yet.

Terloch 04-02-2003 09:20 AM

I still get called names for that one from my players, and they were all hiding in fear that I would do something worse yesterday. I did one small prank (which my players laughed about, but thanked me for nothing more extreme), and left it at that...

Then again, I have a year to plan for next year now...bwahahaha

Ntanel 04-04-2003 12:07 AM

Gah, #### college. I had stuff planned for April 1st, but forgot about it because I had homework. My April 1st prank was so neat that it hurts that I can not do it... Maybe I should save it for my birthday. I do ensure it only tick off a single person, but a hoot for the rest... Muhahahaha!

WarHound 05-12-2003 11:27 PM

HaHHAHAHAHA I musta missed this on April Fools Day.

The first thing I thought was,"Oh god, Wes has finally gone mad..."