Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Roleplaying and Storytelling (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sypmathy fro teh Dveil? - Deux (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682)

Brody 04-29-2002 09:54 AM

A few people in the Sypmathy fro teh Dveil poll wanted to handle helping poor typists by coaching them privately. The rest either wanted to ignore it, call the other player on it in front of an audience OOCly, or treat them in-character as if they were retarded.

So, players, now it's time to pretend you make a typo from time to time - or, worse, that you're dyslexic RL and can't help it.

In this poll, tell us how you would want to be treated if, heavens forfend, you have typos in your text while roleplaying.

Cierin 04-29-2002 05:19 PM

Caxandra 04-30-2002 08:58 AM

Actually, we had one for SiaSpeak, one for Kirispeak, and then a generic Greenspeak after the whole Ajah decided that it was the way to go.

We still use them. I still prove every day that I was raised from the 'Greenspeak' Ajah.

Keljorian 05-09-2002 12:53 AM

I am dsylexic in real life. It SUCKS, I was a head builder before I decided to step down because I wasn't as much. Before I link an area into somewhere I go to every room and use microsoft word and to a copy ans paste. Then I fix the errors and go about my way to the next room. Boring? Yes, but it reflexs on the mud in my opinion of something is only half way done, I suggest that builders should find a spell check system do a copy and paste and then fix them. Yet that is my opinion

Keljorian

Keljorian 05-09-2002 12:57 AM

I'm sorry i got a bit off track =-) but to me building has a big factor on roleplaying. If someone is gossing and they misspell something then I would ignore it. If they are constently doing it, send them a tell and let them know. If I have miss understood what you have said once again, then i am sorry
=-).
Keljorian

Shao_Long 05-09-2002 10:44 AM

Member548 05-14-2002 01:26 AM

What makes me laugh is when someone in haste picks a word that sounds the same but isn't spelled the same and someone has to correct them IC. I once had someone mock my character for using there instead of they're, so I asked what he meant? I said they're, or did I say their.. or was it there? and as I pointed out blood is read.. quite red indeed. Then I wispered to him and asked him if he thought little word ballons popped out of our mouths so that his character could see the spelling of the word we said.

Cerise 05-17-2002 11:50 AM

I voted to ignore on both polls and the reason is quite simple.
In rp your not typing back and forth to the person you are with.
In rp you will be talking the words you are typing and as long as they have the general sound of the word you are trying to spell then its perfectly fine. Along the same lines, you cant mistype what you speak. So exactly how could you rp a typo when they are talking, I and my friends usually just go with the flow, we know what the other person is saying, they just made an irl mistake which should have no bearing on the conversation ic.

Chapel 06-10-2002 04:49 PM

At the risk of sounding conceited, or perhaps "arrogant" in the words of those few that knew me once upon a blue, usually what I type in a MUD is meant to come out that way. The mistakes I make are writing to the wrong channel, but not what I write.

So if it seems strange, more likely than not, it was meant to be that way. So people should just keep roleplaying.

smadronia 06-11-2002 03:27 PM

I'm considered ther queen of the typos on one mud, everyone knows it, and so people generally ignore my typods. I figure unless they're so bad no one can figure out what I typed, making a big deal out of them isn't going to make me improve what I write.

they other day someone commented on the fact my typos ratios had gone down, I ewas pelased they noticed i was getting better.

Khan 06-25-2002 07:05 PM