Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advertising for Players (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Age of Reptile is back! (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2555)

Kenjar 08-17-2004 07:44 PM

After quite a bit of downtime, Age of Reptiles has reopened for players! With lots of new skills, and more to come, now is a great time to start playing. AoR is a very original mud: You play as a Deinonychus (It's like a raptor) in the world of Pangea. Unable to talk, you have to convey meaning though hand gestures, making noises, and various other primitive forms of communication. All the various features are listed in the reviews, so you can check those out if you want more information. Woo!

the_logos 08-17-2004 08:03 PM

*Rawr*

Kenjar 08-17-2004 09:06 PM

Thanks, Logos.

Always good to see people supporting MUDs other than their own.

Even if it is in their own, unique way.

the_logos 08-17-2004 09:15 PM

Chuckle, well, your mud cracks me up. You HAVE to know the premise sounds kind of funny, even if it's taken seriously in game. I think it's cool that you're doing such a relatively unique theme. Is there any way for people to communicate via speech in an OOC area or whatnot, or are you guys just really hardcore about the RP aspect of dinosaurdom?
--matt

Hardestadt 08-17-2004 09:37 PM

WarHound 08-17-2004 10:18 PM

HAHA!

This is a superb little mud. I played before the downtime, and I enjoyed it immensely. It's challenging to communicate without words, and its fun to see how others reply. Once a playerbase returns the pack aspect of the game should be interesting as well.

I'm not a dinosaur freak, or really that interested in diosaurs in general, but I like roleplaying, and this is a very fun theme to play in.

Good stuff.

Kenjar 08-17-2004 11:23 PM

We don't have any means of OOC communication, besides the ability to 'think' messages to the Elementals (Immortals), and 'reply' to them if they message you. There is, however, a forum where we can chatter away as much as we like OOCly.

KaVir 08-18-2004 08:09 AM

What a cool and original idea!

The lack of speech would also make it an excellent setting for having mobs that use AI to immitate players - within such a mud you could create mobs that were practically indistinguishable from real players, should you wish to do so.

What are "elementals" though? I couldn't find anything about them in the help files.

Angie 08-18-2004 10:36 AM

Elementals are the immortals of AoR.

Good to see this mud back up, I wanted to give it a try but never got around to it. Looks like today is the day. Hear me roar!

EDIT:
Reading through the commands list now. Divorce????

Hardestadt 08-18-2004 07:44 PM

Kenjar 08-18-2004 08:29 PM

Divorce? Yeah, that would be used to break off from a mate. Maybe not the best term, but it works.