Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   roleplaying muds where i can play a warhammerish orc? (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4396)

Omera 07-18-2007 08:27 AM

roleplaying muds where i can play a warhammerish orc?

hello all! being a fan of the warhammer games as well as thinking on playing Warhammer fantasy battles, i want to be able to play a mud where orcs are warhammerish in nature, whether it is a warhammer mud or not. the orcs must be PLAYABLE!

also i'm looking for muds with other playable races such as:
1. kobold (lizardman version)
2. troglodyte (not the caveman one from UO, the lizardman version)
3. goblin
4. illithid (though i think only D&D has this squid man race)

Brody 07-18-2007 08:33 AM

Re: roleplaying muds where i can play a warhammerish orc?

Warhammer 40k Cerberus Campaign, maybe? They've got a listing on the MUD Connector. Telnet addy seems to be enigma.dune.net 6115 and seems to be active. No listing here or on the MU*Wiki, though, and no game website in the TMC listing. The listing indicates they have orks, but it *is* the 40k-style, not necessarily the fantasy battles.

Omera 07-18-2007 08:41 AM

both orks and orcs are good :)
too bad this is a mux though... not even a combat system yet :(

Valg 07-18-2007 08:36 PM

We're not Warhammer-based, but you might want to check out

One of our various orc-based advertisements, and it mostly survived the forum transition. We're roleplay-required, per your other listed criterion.

Omera 07-19-2007 08:19 AM

do these orcs live in tribes and can't belong to the more civilized factions? if so, i'm in!

Valg 07-19-2007 09:18 AM

Yes! Your initial hometown choices, out of our 20 or so options: Grinning Skull Village
After playing for a bit, you may use a registry to change to any of the following hometowns: Grinning Skull Village.
Of the nine player-run cabals and quasi-cabals, the ones which accept orcish applicants: Grinning Skull Village. The leadership of GSV consists of a system of one governmental figure with the qualification of "The guy who murdered the last chief". Orcish elections to date: Zero.
Of our 16 classes, orcs may choose any of the following: Berserker

Skill list available here:

By a quick count, berserkers have about 54 skills not available to other classes, plus about 40 class-specific Edges (in addition to dozens of non-class-specific ones) such as "Opportunistic Bastard" and "Brutalizer of the Handicapped" which can be earned through roleplay, combat, exploration, and other acheivements. Class-specific list is here:

Omera 07-19-2007 04:42 PM

players keep telling me that orcs can join the more civilized factions :(
thats not very orcish :(

Valg 07-19-2007 04:51 PM

The players are wrong. :P There hasn't been an orc in a cabal for years.

Omera 07-19-2007 07:46 PM

an' i hopez to neveh see wun!