Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advertising for Players (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The last MUD you'll ever play... (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5617)

Syriac 07-25-2009 04:51 AM

The last MUD you'll ever play...

Hello - I'm here to tell everyone about my MUD, Realm of Shadows. I take much pride in the work that I, and my staff have put into this MUD to make it a truely unique and enjoyable experience. We retain almost every new player that stops in which is something that I am very proud of - unfortunately, with so many MUDs out there its difficult to effectively spread the word so I'm turning to this community now in hopes some of you will come join me :) Realm of Shadows is a fantasy / medieval themed MUD that boasts many features. Some of them are -

* True Multiclassing - the ability to later on choose a second class and then switch between the two to level up while retaining skills/spells regardless of your prime class.
* Randomly generated items - Yes, entirely random - generated object names / materials / affects - allows for very interesting equipment and compulsion constantly trying to improve your gear.
* Automated Questing - Mobmaster quests which give you a mob based on your level and reward you with increasing experience point bonuses, and just regular quests that send you to kill a target in a designated amount of time for quest points that can be used for buying some very nice and unique items.
* Staff lead invasion quests - A specific area is invaded with a chosen mob - each of them having unique values, 25% will be worth quest points, 25% will be worth extra experience points, 25% will be carrying larger amounts of gold and 25% will have a random item.
* Very newbie friendly! - Newbies will be given the option upon creation to state if they're new - newbie benefits include bonus experience points for killing, helpful advice messages, and the ability to examine an object and see affects without a mage to identify it.
* Fun staff! - We like to have fun, we have perks like double experience points and automatic object identification.
* Optional PK - Some people like PKing, others don't - we get this and we let people decide that for themselves rather than force one or the other.
* God lead followings - Demigods and Lesser Gods lead followings - Mortals may worship them to join them - there are many benefits to being in a following. Followings have storage rooms, and can declare other followings enemies or allies - enemies will do extra damage to each other in combat. The FLI (Following Level Immortals) may cast spells on their followers and may also elect to Ordain some. Ordainment is a special class that can only be obtained via selection of an FLI.
* Over 3,000 rooms and growing! - There are many places to go, and more are always coming!

I hope I've enticed some people to stop by and give us a try - you won't regret it :)

check us out today -
realmofshadows.us port 1133

I look forward to meeting you,
Syriac - Implementor, Realm of Shadows