Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Newbie Help (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Looking for a specific MUD (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6559)

Sheresh 08-27-2011 05:46 PM

Looking for a specific MUD

So a couple of years back I got into MUD's and found a game that I LOVED. It was called Blades of Virtue and it was a custom MUD. It was a fairly straight forward hack n slash type of MUD in it's own custom client where you could manage your inventory, skills, stats and HP/Mana. What I really liked about it was it was essentially a Medevil-Fantasy Action-RPG MUD w/o the fancy 2D/3D graphics. I spent a few months playing the game until it shut down due to disagreements between the developers.

I was hoping that someone else had played this game and could recommend me another MUD that is VERY similar to Blades of Virtue. I don't need epic quests or story lines, or forced RP, just a solid hack n slash with big bad monsters and even bigger weapons! I also am not overly picky on the amount of players as BoV had usually 5-25 people on max at any given time. It was definitely a small tightly nit community. The other feature that I really liked was the combat was not real time, that is, you swung or casted at the monster and the monster attacked you and then waited for you to attack again. I liked this feature a lot because it was quite easy to keep up with the text.

If anyone has any recommendations, please please please let me know. I am absolutely BUGGING to play another game like this.

plamzi 08-28-2011 10:36 AM

Re: Looking for a specific MUD

While I haven't played Blades of Virtue, it sounds similar to my game. Bedlam has a strong hack'n'slash component and one of the most visual custom clients out there to enhance your battles. Take a look at

Eddieg 10-05-2011 03:58 AM

Try The World Called Hollow. Has a lot of hack and slash for statting as well as plenty of rp fights.

MudMann 10-05-2011 06:47 AM

Godwars II has a combat system to DIE for! Best and most detailed and customisable hack and slash it has ever been my pleasure to play.

Newworlds 10-05-2011 08:54 PM

Hello Sheresh,

I would say that any of the IRE games should fit your bill.

I would also suggest Materia Magica.

Aramanth 01-02-2012 12:39 PM

Hi Sheresh,

You should check out Aramanth: Shatered Worlds

You can Definately Hack'n'Slash your way to the top, and there are definately big bad weapons at the end waiting for you, we have a Artifact system where there are ONE of a kind weapons only to be held by a single person, you want to be big and bad ? Dual Wield a couple of those!!!

Check us out play.aramanth-mud.com 6666

Opened Begining of December, 2011 so the playerbase isnt the Biggest yet, but it is growing!