Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs and Suggestions (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Aagh!  My eyes! (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4147)

Burr 04-19-2002 01:14 PM

White on black?

Well, I suppose I should have expected it, since this is a site for mudders and all.

Just please, please don't add psychadelically colored text. Not that. *begs*

cainers 04-19-2002 02:59 PM

Well, you can change how it looks, a little at least. In your control panel.

Personally i think it kicks ass, much better than boring old blue.

Synozeer 04-19-2002 04:49 PM

I'll eventually get some more skins so that people can change the look of the forum. Right now you have this one and the standard Ikonboard skin to choose from.

-Synozeer

Xanous 04-19-2002 11:35 PM

Validus 04-22-2002 01:01 AM

Xanferious 04-22-2002 07:31 AM

this color scheme is like my fourms i use for Forsaken, just that i use phpBB

Synozeer 04-22-2002 08:13 AM

Are you sure? It's supposed to be so anyone can read messages, and you only have to sign up to post. If that's not the case please tell me.

-Synozeer

Synozeer 04-22-2002 08:15 AM

Just checked my settings and I think you were right. I changed it, so hopefully that will fix the problem and anyone can read.

-Synozeer

funkalicious 04-23-2002 12:57 PM

Actually I like the new layout. Theres plenty of new stuff. I do have one comment though... It used to be that the lightbulbs before every category told us if there were new posts. Now its those check and X papers. Those are a little tough too discern from each other...Maybe you can color code them? It would be much easier to see at a glance.

Also, I would always keep the browser open to that page and reload once in a while to see if there were any new posts. Somehow, that doesnt work anymore, and it knows I have reloaded. I have to actually follow the link from the main page. Is this intended? Is there a better way to do what I'm thinking?

Synozeer 04-23-2002 01:12 PM

I agree, it's more difficult to see the new messages. I'll look for new graphics to use.

For determining new messages I've always just used to "New Posts" link. I never tried to reload to find new posts, so I can't help you there with any suggestions. Do you click "Mark posts as read" when you're done with new messages? I would think it would show new posts with a reload, but I'll have to experiment and see if this is the case.

-Synozeer

Xanferious 04-23-2002 08:17 PM

i like the new fourms but i still like phpbb version 2 better

Galdor 05-04-2002 08:57 PM

Most of the colors here don't bother me, but I was curious if creating skins is something that you have to do Synozeer or if other people here can do it.  If so, I'd think it might be nice to allow people to submit skins (maybe a pointer to a web page explaining how to make them would be nice) for approval.

[Edit to add information I probably should have looked for before posting this *grin*]

Okay, so there are tons of skins out there already ( and for some nice ones) and probably not worth it to create your own. However, I still think the idea has merit that we might want to let people submit skins. Just my $.02