Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   MUD Administration (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I want to make a Hack 'n Slash MUD what codebase to use? (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5452)

feltsu 03-24-2009 11:00 AM

I want to make a Hack 'n Slash MUD what codebase to use?

Well, as you can see in the Title, I would love to have information about great codebases for HnS

It would be swell, if the CB would include some or all of the following (most of them at least as examples):

- Few skills/spells
- Few races/guilds
- Few rooms (maybe even areas)
- Score/status/prompt
- ANSI colour support

And I guess that's pretty much it :) Also it would "have" to run on Windows (but if not, then not)

So if anyone here could at least point me in the right direction as where to start, I would really really appreciate it.

PS. I have tried Dead Souls, CoffeeMUD and now I'm testing Dawn Of Time, but they aren't quite what I'm looking for, although Dead Souls is pretty close
PPS. My coding experience is still limited, I have been a coder for an LP based MUD (that's why the examples/help files would be essential)

newbie 03-24-2009 11:32 AM

Re: I want to make a Hack 'n Slash MUD what codebase to use?

Dead Souls, covered all those points. So I'm curios as to what you felt it was lacking.

feltsu 03-24-2009 12:58 PM

Well, I guess it's the little things that needed "tweaking" (more like major adjustments), like the combat system, regenerating health and so on and so forth., so I have to change them, okay, I don't know how (yet), so I'm merely asking if there are another ones (Codebases) out there, like I said, Dead Souls is close, but still not quite what I'm looking for. I would want to test different codebases, before I start using Dead Souls, because if I tweak it and tweak it and tweak it, for many months, then I find a codebase that was just the one I were looking for, I would probably kill myself :)

(Hope that made any sense at all)

-Feltsu-

Pymeus 03-24-2009 11:22 PM

Okay, but what is it you don't like about the combat system and health regeneration? You can spend all day saying "no" to codebases we name or you can just say what you're looking for.

Newworlds 03-25-2009 02:29 AM

If you are limited in knowledge of coding, go for SMAUG. It is the simplest out of the box hackbased code around.

emnaki 03-25-2009 03:00 AM

This codebase looks like it fulfills your requirements:

feltsu 03-26-2009 02:26 PM

After doing some research I found out that I want to use LDMud but I need to get a "out of the box" mudlib for that one, where could I find one? Tried everything I can think of. Thanks in advance

-Feltsu

Sophocles 03-31-2009 05:02 PM

DiKu CB is pretty straight forward in a hack n slash environment. There are tons around with that base as well.

Eternal_Void 09-09-2010 11:05 PM

Hi -

The Dawn of Time codebase is one of the most versatile code bases I have ever worked with. It is user friendly with forum support. I would suggest you check it out if you want to run either a RP or PKILL based MUD.

Peace!

Newworlds 09-10-2010 02:16 AM

I think the poster said they were trying Dawn of Time but it wasn't what they were looking for. Of course this was last year so who knows.:p