Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Favorite Games? (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1392)

Ilkidarios 01-11-2005 10:08 PM

This threads purpose is simple. Discuss your favorite graphical P.C. or console games. This is NOT a discussion of text-based games. This is for something like discussing whether Half-Life 2 or Halo 2 are better. Now that I've given you a topic, talk amongst yourselves.

Brody 01-12-2005 12:24 AM

Favorite graphical MMORPG: World of Warcraft. Hands down. I don't like MMORPGs as a rule, but...####. It owns me.

Favorite PC game at the moment: Rome - Total War.

WarHound 01-12-2005 01:11 AM

Yev 01-12-2005 01:42 AM

Played a bit of Diablo II recently, I can't stick with it to the end of Nightmare difficulty though, too repetitive.

As to what I play right now: I play a (seemingly) obscure strategy game from Stardock called Entrepreneur. Quirky and rather unorthodox as a strategy game. Some similarities but it acts a lot like a light hearted business sim. I still have fun with it and that game seems to be on it's 'play it to death' rotation right now. :> The Underdogs has it though I have no actual idea on the legitimacy status.

Eagleon 01-12-2005 02:00 AM

karlan 01-12-2005 02:22 AM

KaVir 01-12-2005 05:38 AM

I've recently been playing Fable on the X-Box - it allows for some very cool character customisation (scars, tattoos, clothing, haircuts, beards, etc). Unfortunately the gameplay itself is extremely linear, so I'm likely to move on to Morrowind soon (the X-Box version, which includes both expansion packs).

I've also been playing GTA San Andreas quite a lot, although I rarely bother with the proper missions.

My PC is also too old for Rome Total War, but I played the Shogun and Medieval versions and found them great fun. I'm also very much looking forward to Age of Empires III (I played AoE2 a lot, and Age of Mythology is still my favourite strategy game).

Hephos 01-12-2005 05:49 AM

Aminaka 01-12-2005 04:37 PM

Thief the Metal Age. Thief the Dark Project. Difficulty: Ghost, Expert, 'Failonsee' in both.

These, and 'Calindra's Legacy' (THE thief fan mission).

Rytorth 01-12-2005 07:33 PM

Mmm...I tend more towards stuff like Myst. Currently, I'm working on Uru: Ages Beyond Myst - one of the expansions (Uru Live) was shut down several years ago due to a lack of paying subscribers....but there's still a lot of other stuff.
Some of the Ages are evil, as far as puzzles go. It's fun, though, finding out the D'ni's real history.

Jazuela 01-13-2005 11:02 PM

Wow I was wondering if I was the only one who'd mention Myst. I have the original version, and it doesn't work on this computer, but I remember having a blast trying to get through the different worlds. I especially liked the section with the wood/climbing puzzle. I just totally love exploring stuff without having to deal with bad guys. Shoot-em-up games hold no appeal to me whatsoever.

the_logos 01-14-2005 12:30 AM

Ahh, so now Armaggedon is officially pimping Myst? Interesting.

Jazuela 01-14-2005 12:22 PM

Rathik 01-16-2005 01:35 AM

Half-life 2 is by far the best single player FPS for the PC that I've played so far (and for so long!). Other games that are definitely in my 'top ten' would be the Age series. (Age of Empires, Age of Kings, Age of Mythology + expansion packs) Civ 3 was another decent RTS game.

Crystal 01-16-2005 08:58 AM

I just recently got Half Life 2 myself, and am pretty impressed. But the Counter Strike: Source has been slowly taking over my soul.

Rytorth 01-17-2005 09:52 PM

Mmm...same problem here; it isn't supported on the more recent versions of Windows. I think the latest they've got it supported for is Windows 98 - and after that, you just have to hope the worst you'll get is wonky images.

Ilkidarios 01-19-2005 09:24 PM

I hear that, Half-Life two is a great game.

Xerihae 01-24-2005 05:40 PM

I recently got Rome: Total War and it's totally taken up my free time! Maybe it's partly because I love the Roman era (I've even considered applying for various courses on it over the years but never got around to it) but the game itself is great, sort of a mix of Civilization and well... not really C&C, closer to Warhammer: Shadows of the Horned Rat (closest "old" game I can think of battle-wise). Two thumbs up, highly recommended to anyone who loves real-time strategy wargames!

Ilkidarios 01-25-2005 09:20 PM

Rome: Total War... I believe they used that on a program on the History channel though I can't remember which.

Xerihae 01-26-2005 01:17 AM

They used the graphics engine for a show over here on BBC2 called Time Commanders where they got a group of four people together each week and they had to fight historical battles against the computer.