Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New to Muds so built a site (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7268)

Lrk89 07-28-2014 04:35 PM

New to Muds so built a site

Hi I'm new to muds and want to find the best muds out there to play that are active, mature and fun so I have started a site called

I have created a list of muds I like to try out for a month each and blog my experience and write a review on each of them.

Would be great to get your recommendations on muds to try. I'm also lookong for someone to group with on a regular basis.

Also what muds should I try 1st?

flbellman 07-28-2014 07:21 PM

Re: New to Muds so built a site

My suggestion is that you start with the first on the rankings, i.e. Aardwolf, then Achaea etc…

Very cool idea, by the way.

Molly 07-29-2014 01:54 AM

My suggestion would be to start with the second page of the ranking instead. :)

There are several not so well known muds worthy of some attention.
And it would be more interesting for most of us to read about some of those too.

Hades_Kane 07-29-2014 11:03 AM

Seconded!

There's a lot of gems buried beneath the MUDs with an already well established playerbase and/or advertising budget.

Of course, the further from the top you go, the fewer players you'll run into, but that's really a catch-22... you need players to get players.

flbellman 07-30-2014 04:40 AM

Oh well, I guess they are right. I did not want to sound too institutional. Battletech, Frontier Lands, is awesome for example as many others.

nyanko 07-30-2014 09:43 AM

Great idea. I look forward to reading your reviews of the MUDS. I just wanted to add that some MUDs that are lower on the list do have big player bases such as Medievia; they just don't get their players as active in voting. If you want to have company visiting the different MUDS, I would join up, especially on Tuesday evenings for an hour or so. Again, great idea, and I look forward to reading your reviews. :)

arden 07-30-2014 12:13 PM

sounds like an amazing idea, may I also suggest you post when you're about to try out a new mud, that way we can all see what it is like together

Newworlds 08-04-2014 01:16 PM

Here's my recommended list and why:

Roleplay Enforced:

These are the two best Roleplay Enforced games out there with good player bases and storyline.

Player vs. Player:

Arguably the best developed PVP game.

Hack and Slash:

Both of these options have nice mapping systems and good staff

Quest and thought Driven:

Probably the most unique and fun quest game out there.

---
Best of Luck!