Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Roleplaying and Storytelling (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Favorite lines/exchanges? (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4373)

Brody 07-02-2007 01:31 PM

Favorite lines/exchanges?

Got a favorite line of dialogue or an exchange between characters on your favorite text-based game? Share those goodies here!

Spoke 07-03-2007 05:37 PM

Re: Favorite lines/exchanges?

These were two phrases by two players who enjoyed to flame me and vice-versa over global clan channel, after I pointed out how stupid one of them was (Thingol), mind you, Wayne was on Thingol's side, or so he thought:

{chaos} Wayne: how can you make a fool out of an idiot? Thingol never had a chance.
(Retribution) Thingol: we aren't supposed to look smart, btw

Because of the context (a public shout-out trying to point the other party's stupidity), I love these two lines :p

Brody 07-10-2007 09:49 AM

Any other favorite lines/exchanges floating around out there?

Brody 08-18-2007 09:14 PM

*bump for additional discussion/sharing*!

chaosprime 08-18-2007 11:10 PM

I have an entire, large file full of favorite antics of Fezzik, who on is the guildmaster of the Brute Squad. He possesses the power of rhyming, using the vast contents of the Discordian Quotes File (a saga in itself) as source material to reply to people in rhyme. Purely for entertainment purposes, he is also empowered to sometimes do this on our global OOC channel. For whatever reason, rhyming Discordian quotes result in some bizarrely context-appropriate AI moments, many of which are recorded for posterity here:

To pick a personal favorite, here's a sample:

[00:02] [OOC Laelinae] It's not just that...the prof. admitted to being a principalist.
[00:02] [OOC Chaos] which is what?
[00:02] [OOC Laelinae] Someone who determines which action is right based on inherent beliefs
[00:03] [OOC Laelinae] rather than consequences (that would make them a consequentialist)
[00:03] [OOC Fezzik] Well, Benjamin Franklin was a nudist.
[00:03] [OOC Laelinae snickers]

Milawe 08-18-2007 11:45 PM

This was a discussion my character had years ago when I first started playing Threshold. It was during the first Fulrach invasion, so I believe it was Halloween. Oops, I forgot to mention that Fulrach had created a massive zombie (REALLY BIG) by sewing a ton of bodies together. This guy's a real freak. I had the pleasure of playing with some of the best characters I've ever met on any game:

WarHound 08-19-2007 11:49 AM

On Armageddon we'd captured a tribal elf that we suspected of firing arrows at us. I had a Half-giant buddy with me and I put him on guard while I went to fetch water.

My character: Stay with him. Don't let him escape.
HalfGiant: Gotcha. Stay. Watch him good.
My character leaves to a water-source a few rooms away.
Halfgiant wanders in, alone.
My character: You let him escape! Damnit!
HalfGiant: No, he's still there. Won't be going anywhere. He's very sick.
My character: Sick?!
I go back to see the corpse of the elf, sitting alongside it's own severed head.

Very sick indeed.

Or one of my other favorites, between a dwarven mercenery sergeant and his favorite Trooper:

Sergeant: How about a ride up to Tuluk?
Trooper: Tuluk?! Ick. No. I would just ****. Everywhere.