Top Mud Sites Forum

Top Mud Sites Forum (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tavern of the Blue Hand (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   All Time Favourite Games (http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487)

Xerihae 01-26-2005 10:27 AM

Robbert 01-27-2005 05:19 PM

I agree with a lot of the games you mentioned.  Had some others, as well:

Empire.  The old ASCII-art one (which I can't find, and apparently no one ever cloned) for the original PC.

Lode Runner.  Its design was beautiful.  Infinite levels, by including the building program with it.  Another game I wish was still available.  The sequels did nothing for me.  The (myriad) similar-clone games all lack in one way or another.  If I had an old (wasn't it a II?) Apple, I would run LR on it today.

Ultima IV. I loved everything about this game, especially its depth and breadth compared to its predecessors. Although the future sequels all offered more world, features and options, this one was my favorite. It may be because it was one of the first games I purchased with my own money, working to save up to it made it mean that much more to me.

Pyroto Mountain.  One of the first Multi-user games on the first days of the Internet.  Could have up to five players connected simultaneously, and you gained levels by answering trivia questions.  I believe this game spurred my interest in the Internet and everything related to it.

--Bert

WarHound 01-27-2005 07:58 PM

Xcite Bike. Legend of Zelda. Silent Service. I still bust out the NES for these.

Colonization. My first Sid game, and I still enjoy playing it. Thank god for the Underdogs...

Romance of the 3 Kingdoms. 'Nuff said.

And for the all time greatest game ever.....

FINAL ****ING FANTASY III.

Xerihae 01-27-2005 09:29 PM

Ilkidarios 01-28-2005 09:08 PM

I like the Sims. Don't make fun of me, I just do. Somehow Will Wright is able to take something that is mind-numbingly boring in real life and make it fun to do. Such as going to work, using the bathroom, and watching somebody else watch T.V.

Morten 01-30-2005 10:15 PM

Tapper. It was the fourth game I ever owned for my first PC (the first was Trek, an incomprehensible micromanagement RTS, especially considering I was eight...the other two were Sierra's Crossfire and Golf, which were good.) But Tapper was something special. I made it to level 42 before I realized I could probably go on forever, there was no save feature, and it was dinnertime. I still love it.

Nethack. If only more games could have all the inherent coolness and variety of Nethack.

Police Quest. Space Quest. Hero's Quest. No explanation needed.

Resatimm 01-31-2005 11:12 AM

Xerihae 01-31-2005 12:32 PM

Resatimm 01-31-2005 01:59 PM

I wholeheartedly concur with Simcity. That was a blast. The first one though (for amiga) not any of the simearth or simcivilization or whatnot.

Traffic problems in Bern! Woohoo!

EARTHQUAKE!!!!

Xerihae 01-31-2005 03:49 PM

Ilkidarios 02-01-2005 04:51 PM

The only thing you need to do to get intelligent dinosaurs to evolve and blast off is one tool. The extra-terrestrial monolith. Most useful thing in the game. I myself enjoyed making incredibly unsuitable animals sentient, such as trichordates and jellyfish. Then you set a nanotech city on fire, it makes robots. The robots will then take over the planet and eventually take off by themselves. That game had so many possibilities, one of my favorite sim-series games beside SimCity and The Sims.

Audaeus 02-28-2005 01:51 PM

Have my babies....

Pris 03-01-2005 05:41 PM

Total annhilation: God, what a game. I still think all game developers should be made to play it so they can see how an rts should be made.

Fallout (1 & 2): These 2 games are still worth playing today.

Loderunner: Just building your own levels was hours of entertainment.

Nikodemus 03-01-2005 09:28 PM

Civilization 2. The best.

I'm not going to list other games that I fancy/fancied as I'd forget some out and would be correcting the post for years to come.