Thread: Enough
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2002, 11:10 AM   #33
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
I agree that these forums do not need to be all serious discussions. I understand you guys want to have fun, but some things like the color of your socks, what your favorite fast food restaurant is, etc. I could care less about. I know it was just a joke, but some of us are just sick about the way these forums seem to be heading.

I do have a sense of humor. I enjoy reading things in Mud Humor and posting in the quotefile thread and all, but at least those things are semi-mud related. Really, when someone said why should Synozeer spare the bandwith for something that is totally unrelated to his site, I completely agree.

And I hate to see the Tavern of the Blue Hand become the forum for spammers and pointless, stupid posts. Some things, like the What Alignment are you? and What DnD Character are you? threads were interesting, and a nice way to learn more about people, while still having some relevance to muds and mudders' interests. Yet, with all the spam, it drowns out some of the more relevant posts.

I started a thread in Tavern of the Blue Hand about Retaining Players, which seemed to spark some serious discussion. I don't think it really fit anywhere else, as it wasn't an advanced mud concept, it didn't have to do with roleplaying, or building, or coding, or anything. But threads like that get lost in all the pointless threads, and some people don't even visit the Tavern of the Blue Hand because of all the mindless posts.

So, while you guys may enjoy the random silly posts and all, I think you should respect the majority of the people here's wishes. And if you really must post these kinds of threads, like someone said, there are plenty of other places where it would be more fitting.
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote