View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #28

I think that what the player did was bad, insulting the Immortal staff of a highly respected game is not the way to go. However I do feel that there is a slight problem in your mud Valg.

If I was a new player, and with your mud being SO popular, I would expect live help, where people can teach me the ropes, and answer my questions directly. I absolutely HATE seeing muds where they tell you "oh yeah just type help this help that". Although it is an easy way to pass by, it is better to explain someone thoroughly according to the subject manner. I go by what that other guy had to say, "You don't go to school just to read books, you go there because someone actually teaches you the stuff INSIDE the book". Same thing here, you don't just type help newbie and read it all, someone has to guide you as well.

As for the player, I think what he did was very rude and pathetic, slanderring a game like that, and slanderring the Immortals with only a few minutes of game-play is pathetic.

Recap: From reading the logs I saw no "rudeness" or anything from the Immortal and players of the mud. In fact I saw the inability to work with them from the player. But I do see something lacking in the players and Immortal's "way of helping". As an Immortal he should be more responsible, I mean you don't hire Immortals just to tell players read "help this and that", you hire them to help. Once again don't bog me down on this, I'm a small mud owner, you don't have to take what I say seriously at all, it's just my 2 cents worth.

-Demiscus