View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #55
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
Ilkidarios: Mar. 17 2006,15:49    
Just a reminder, in case you or anyone else forgot, since the thread got so long:

the_logos: Mar. 15 2006,23:45  
Fringe minority? Flamefests? Vitriol?

Who started this thread in the first place?
Who is the one commonly known for broadly insulting a large number of Mudowners, or singling out a special target to spew his vitriol on?
Who is the one repeatedly posting flamebait, (like supporting the code-thieving Medievia or encouraging other mudowners to break the Diku licence?)
Who is the one usually provoking the flames, and/or starting the personal insults or attacks on a particular Mud or person?
Who is the one that constantly reacts to even moderate criticism by lashing out violently?
Who is the one that drove several interesting posters off the Forums here, because they couldn't stand his antics?
Who is the one that wrote a majority of the more inflammatory posts on the thread himself?

Take the time to read through this thread, and a number of similar threads, and perhaps the picture will become a bit clearer to you.

So why did the_logos start this thread?
I am inclined to agree with Crystal that he is doing it for the free publicity. Apparently he belongs to the people who believe that all publicity is good publicity. I remember Vryce doing the same in the past. Now that he's mercifully withdrawn from the boards, Soleil has taken his role. (With friends like that, who needs enemies?)

I am growing increasingly tired of these flame threads myself.
They are of course a bad thing, because they tend to drown all attempts at serious discussions on the boards, which in turn is negative for the quality of the site.

But they will continue.
Because a significant number of people are disturbed by unethical behaviour.

As long as Soleil persists in flaunting stolen goods on the boards, every one of those threads will probably be 'polluted' by one or more posters pointing out that the goods is indeed stolen.
And as long as the_logos persists in actively preventing a desirable addition to the search engine, using all methods available, (including bullying, veiled threats, speaking on behalf of the list owner, word-twisting and insults), this topic will also pop up repeatedly.
Because most people with the capacity of independent and unbiased thinking realise, that a distinction between truly free Muds and pay-to-play or pay-for-perks games is information that would be valid to a majority of the players around, and as such would improve the quality of the site.

It has been said before, but it deserves to be said again:
It’s not the IRE games that people have a problem with, it’s the behavior of  the_logos on the boards.
I don't recall any of the active posters here actually attacking the IRE _muds_.
I do however recall the_logos attacking other people’s muds on several occasions.
So who sets the standards here?
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote