Old 05-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #138
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye

Aardwolf has satisfied the DIKU team's inspection that they are clean of DIKU code, and thus, their co-operation and evidence seems to have satisfied the community. Again, do not assume I speak for everyone in the community. Common sense and social rules allows you to draw your own conclusions - if you want to argue things that aren't true in an attempt to attack my credibility, that is your choice.

I am fair, Matt. I do not know Vryce, beyond that he is demonized within the community for his open defiance of the DIKU License. I do not personally demonize him, or Medievia. I do personally disagree with Medievia's decision making.

As far as my own personal opinion on Aardwolf goes - that is not something that needs to be part of this thread. I do not agree with any free-to-play game charging money for in-game perks, on a gameplay level. However, each admin chooses their personal business model; the point of this post is the DIKU License, and as far as it goes with Aardwolf, Aardwolf seems to have satisfied Hans of the DIKU team. That's enough for me.

It should be noted that if Medievia did the same thing, I would think nothing less of them, ethically, than I do Aardwolf. I'm sure I'm not alone there.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote