View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #60
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Having played Medievia many years ago when I first started MUDding, I was semi-impressed by them.  However, design-wise, I found them severely lacking, especially in comparison to the H&S I played at the time (which hadn't been around near as long). The more exposed I became to MUDs, the less and less impressed I was by Medievia. When I learned of their unethical behavior, it wasn't a big leap to my present opinion of them: worthless.

It's far from the largest game when it comes to features.  In fact, given how long it's been around, it's well-behind MUDs that have been up and running for only a few years.

Original areas to explore is a loaded term when they're poorly-made and cliched.  As for an actual room-count, I would have to look up the figures (provided they're not exaggerated) and see if that claim even has some legitimacy or not.  There are some large worlds out there in MUDs.

In regard to detail, it's as shallow as a puddle.  In fact, I'd wager there have been dozens of MUDs which have had more detail put into them in the last year than Medievia has in all its years of operation.

As for Vryce, he wasn't just an ass years ago.  He's proven recently that he's still an ass.  That's not even taking into account that he's a liar and a thief.  He gives creedance to the old saying, "Once a horse's ass, always a horse's ass".

Ultimately, the reasons for Medievia's popularity are primarily ignorance and deceit.  The former afflicts a sizeable portion of their playerbase and most of their new players while the latter is their official policy in regard to pretty much everything.

My rating of them:

Code:  * (1 out of 4)
World:  1/2* (0.5 out of 4)
Staff:  No stars
Overall:  1/2* (0.5 out of 4)
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote