View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #75
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
You're missing the point - logos took one of my comments out of context to attack it, and now you're responding as if it were an actual point.

The fact that Medievia has 4 classes is irrelevant. The fact that Medievia has no races is irrelevant. Heck, my mud has 4 classes and no races, so it would be kind of silly for me to use that as the basis for an argument.

The point I made is that Medievia's approach to classes is stock. Their approach to races is stock. Their approach to combat is stock. Many features of their game are stock. And not just "stock", but over a decade out-of-date stock. The vast majority of muds, even those which have changed practically nothing, are considerably more advanced than Medievia in many ways.

Now personally I don't have a problem with stock per se. But when such muds start claiming things like the "most detailed game ever made in all of human history" or the "largest game in the world when it comes to features", then I feel compelled to raise an objection (once I've stopped laughing).
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote