View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 01:13 PM   #110
CircuitConcepts

CircuitConcepts is on a distinguished road
I'm surprised I bothered to post here, simply because all the comments bashing IRE, and its products, are, as Matt said, lame attempts at flaming the product. Heaven forbid you find a product made by a person on this world, that you disagree with.

Here's my question, and why I want to take my keyboard to the back of my cat's head, if you hate it so much, why do you flame it? Matt's train of thought will never be:

Hrm, these people, that DON'T play my game don't like my system, that so many other people use. It's an industry standard, and most of my customers are completely content. I better change it! These people that don't even put time in it, and just flame it have to be right. They write so many posts that always say the same things, how can it be false?

So... shut up? Please? He won't change it because you whine. You're not even in the player base. When you join it, and have been playing for 2 years please come back.

I have purchased from IRE 5 times, in the past years. I have spent roughly $200. I'm a pretty low spender. I have some characters that have never even seen my credits. That's okay. Most of us are fine with it, most of the time. Because even though paying can make the game a bit more enjoyable, you can play fine without them. Yes, it's true as far as PvP, PK, combat, etc. goes the purchases do make it easier, you can go head to head without them. I don't need them to be in charge of a city-state, and they don't really help. These MUDs don't revolve around the use of credits, they revolve around roleplaying. That is what gets you somewhere.

Whoever said that Matt started the flaming could probably use a lashing.
CircuitConcepts is offline   Reply With Quote