View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #118
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
I have tried out the IRE games at least a total of 10 times (Achaea four times, Aetolia twice, Imperian three times, and Lusternia only once...found that one the best of the four actually) since 2000, possibly more times though those are all I recall and have notes regarding. Each time, my opinion of the games has gone down because each time I've tried them, I've tried far more other games and seen far more features on other (genuinely-free) MUDs which put the IRE games to shame (along with 99% of the other MUDs out there). One doesn't need to play a game for two years to learn it's not up to the standards set by others. If anything, my opinion of nearly, if not every, MUD I've ever played has gone down over the course of time. Two hours or two years, the same is likely to have applied to the IRE games as well.

And all the loyal IRE players who constantly whine because others question the integrity of those games because of hte dishonest advertising and because of the reprehensible behavior of Matt on these forums....

It's not about being "tricked into playing", it's about the constant claims that one can succeed without paying and the impression IRE gives that this is somehow anything but as rare as winning the lottery. As for what would be interesting to see, it would be far more interesting to see some figures regarding IRE about what it really takes to succeed on one of their games. How much money it takes to make a character competitive? How many players use credits and how many don't and the differences between their status? What's the ratio of players who've succeeded without paying compared to those who have? I doubt we'll ever see this information because it would show their "free to play" claims are not completely honest.

Couple this dishonesty with Matt's abusive behavior and you have more than enough reasons that most of the TMS community finds him as pleasant as chewing on steel wool. And so long as he keeps lying and posting abusive comments while claiming to be some sort of victim, you can expect people will continue to consider him a horse's ass.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote