Old 06-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #9
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
I'd definitely be able to give you an objective opinion on what MUD might be most addictive for you, but yes - you'd need to tell us what you like more. For me to plug my own MUDs could be wrong, if they are not what you seek.

In general, the more restrictive a MUD is, the more of a "niche" following it has. This is the case in PvP only MUDs(like most Godwars, Everwar, Utopia, etc) and in RPI MUDs (Armageddon, Shadows of Isildur, OtherSpace, etc). These niche MUDs are extremely addictive for players who like that specific niche-style game.

The more diverse, expansive, well-rounded MUDs that appeal to the masses more include games like the IRE games, Carrion Fields, Realms of Despair, Midievia, Materia Magica, Clandestine, BatMUD, etc/etc. Even there, though, you have the issue of whether or not you want to play a MUD where players can pay for gameplay perks with real-life money, or whether or not you want a gaming experience that's clean of a perk-buying system.

Some of the MUDs above are not 100% Free, and some are. Some have playerbases of 50-150, some have playerbases of 400+. There's a lot to take into consideration. If you can specify what you're looking for, though, I will give you my objective opinion.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote