View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #34
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
1) In answer to the allegations being made, I'm the one who handles the money for CF, so to speak.  If a player buys a whatnot, I process the request, send them a thank-you, and make sure the whatnot gets to them.  All I have is an automatically-generated email with a contact address and the name that was on the credit card.  I'm not sent anything about who they're playing currently, and I don't really care.

1B) I suppose they could reply to my thank-you and tell me "I'm currently playing X!!!  Help me out! LOLZORS!", but that hasn't happened once in my career as an Implementor.  If it does happen, it certainly won't have a positive impact on how I interact with that player.  

1C) If a player bribed a staff member (no T-shirt involved, just mailed them a check or whatever) and I found out about it, the staff member would be fired on the spot.  (We've fired some people during my tenure, but never for that.) The possibility that a bribe could happen in the future doesn't make us a "pay-for-perks" MUD. See below.

2) Carrion Fields states up front that OOC influence on IC issues is not allowed.  In other words, we have a rule that buying a whatnot doesn't get you special treatment.

3) Therefore, if you say that buying a CF whatnot leads to special treatment, you're accusing me of accepting a bribe and breaking our own rules, since I'm the only one with both the information and the access to grant IC "favors".  If you want to level that accusation, it would be courteous if you provided proof that it is happening anywhere but in your mind.

Until someone comes up with any such evidence, I'll continue to state what we stated at the beginning of this thread: Carrion Fields doesn't sell anything that impacts gameplay.  (Unless the T-shirt keeps them so warm that it steadies their typing, or the keychain keeps them from locking themselves out of their house.  Feel free to start another thread on that.  It wouldn't surprise me.)

Valg is offline   Reply With Quote