Thread: Moderation
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 09:07 AM   #68
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Re: Moderation

On the main index of the forum, click the "Forum Leaders" link at the bottom of the screen which is located next to the "Mark As Read" link I believe.

If there isn't a CC there should be one, thanks for pointing that out.

As for the rest, if you really want to discuss this here then allow me to illuminate to everyone else exactly what happened:

1 - Tangent in "What is free?" about professional vs hobbyist.
2 - Post by you in "What is free?" that says ONLY something along the lines of "This discussion is a tangent and should be placed in its own thread."
3 - I toddle along, agree, and move posts to a new thread on Professional vs Hobbyist.
4 - As the basis for your post is gone, it makes sense to delete your post as it is no longer relevant to the "What is free?" thread since it contains no information regarding that discussion.
5 - I send you a PM telling you said post was deleted.

You seem to be implying here, and in PMs to me, that my judgement is questionable and you demand evidence that the post didn't contain any other information. It's funny really, as I've suggested to the other mods that any deleted post be moved so Lasher has a bit of oversight but it's something we're still discussing and in this case, as it was obvious the post had no value to the "What is free?" discussion, I didn't think it would be a problem. If you cannot remember what was in your own posts without me quoting them back to you because of volume of posting, bad memory, or just plain forgetfulness, I fail to see how that is my problem. At the end of the day it was my decision to make and I cannot allow whether you trust my judgement or not to influence how I do my job here. Nor can any other mod. You're perfectly within your rights to query why the post was deleted if you think I wasn't clear enough, but to imply that I'm wrong just because I no longer have the post to quote at you (or "I destroyed the evidence" as you put it) doesn't necessarily mean that I was wrong.
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote