View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #360
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about
Re: What does "Free" Mean?

I'm still leaning towards the 4 options with a text area for elaboration. There's very strong opinions and personalities on either side of the fence on this one but mostly involved with MUD administration or MUD sites in some way.

Putting myself in the place of a player looking for a new MUD, a piece of important information those 4 options don't cover is whether or not all content can be experienced without payment. "All" in this context would mean anything that has any impact on gameplay. A picture on the webpage, a bigger avatar on the forums would not be considered content. A better item, a bigger map, a new skill, etc, would be.

I'm still struggling with whether or not to make that option #5. It can be gamed but if it is completed honestly it is valuable information. Any MUD owner could lie about any of the search options, I think we just have to assume details will be entered correctly and build the site around that.

To answer the earlier question, there will almost certainly be a change. The 2 option is too broad. Right now it's between 4 and 5 with #5 (above) out there waving its arms to see if it has any support. Over to you....
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote