View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
Voidrider

Voidrider is on a distinguished road
Re: Wikipedia is at it again

Personally, I am rather disappointed in what seems to be little more than a nostalgic bookmarker for DR. I played GS3 and DR long before I had even known there were any free MUDs available and this Wiki entry doesn't do much of anything to remind me of the literal hours of play I invested in the game. Seriously, I know I had no life outside of working for a living since I recall actually playing for 78 hours straight on one occasion (yeah, my wife left for a work trip and returned to find me in the exact spot she had left me).

I am also surprised to learn that there are less than 3 million entries on the site. In this day and age, I can't understand why it would be removing any entries with so few. There are dozens of wikipedia wannabes out there and this one is supposed to be the definitive one? Obviously, they don't share the same mentality of so many mud admins that will gladly throw in as many stock zones as possible in order to fatten the hog :P

"We want to be the recognized source for online information! Hmm, well we can remove all of the letter "z" entries; no one ever looks at those...".
Voidrider is offline   Reply With Quote