View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 02:11 AM   #1
Lyalae

Lyalae is on a distinguished road
Searching for a new mud.. Help

I've been searching the forums for a new mud for what seems like ages since my preferred closed. I have been gaming for a number of years, started out on Thresh and went to NWA, Arm, Atonement and Parallel (amazing code/staff/players/game in general), Lautolae Springs, SOI and to nothing. I want to get back into Gaming again, I miss it. But it seems more difficult then not to find a good mud.

I'm not looking for the normal hack and slash type mud, looking for detail in the descripts, objects and people (where they can also be targeted in emotes, says and whispers). I want to know when I log into a game that there's going to be more then 1 or 2 people on that aren't speed walking, grinding away for XP for levels and skills, and actually enjoy rping new with players or even old players. A staff that while always present, is building, adding to the storyline and involving those who are less interactive (shy) with pc's into the storyline. I would love to see a mud with massive skill trees, where death is taken seriously (Perma-death), the chance to actually step outside the box to build new things such has homes and farms. Cities that are thriving but not so crowded with NPC's that a newbie isn't going to know the difference. There doesn't have to be a lot of races to choose from, honestly less races the better. I love the detailed chargen that some games have, it is amazing to be able to go in depth in creating a pc from the ground up.

The Code Base for Atonement, Parallel and SOI run off the same engine and is my preferred, but I'm not against trying something new. Atonement ran it's course and shut down, Parallel died when SOI opened or began to open up. Tried SOI, but got burned because of days of endless solo rp or tiny spurts of rp because I was new player fumbling (failing) to get a foot hold. I would love to find a mud that has Similar coding, skill tree's, character chargen and all as those listed above with a bit friendly player base to new players.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Lyalae is offline   Reply With Quote